We are avid travelers who recently bought an old farm in the heart of beautiful Värmland. After several trips around the world we decided to settle down close to the forest and far away from busy roads. The house is big and along with our three barns and 4 hectare of grounds it offers infinite possibilities. We need your help to realize our dreams!
We’re a happily married couple in our 30’s who are passionate about arts, yoga, traveling and making a life for ourselves outside the daily grind of a 9-5 job. Hanna is currently studying to become a teacher and loves to cook all kinds of food. André is engaged in bouldering, music and photography.
We are looking for a couple or two friends who want to stay with us 1-2 weeks, and are independent and problem solving. If you like to paint, that is a huge plus, because painting the house (and barns) is this summer's big project!
We welcome you and look forward to being your host. Workaway is such a great tool for connecting people across borders, and continues to surprise and amaze us with it's diversity.
Bricolage et projets de construction
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
We are open minded people who love to meet people from different cultures, and would love to host you and show you what life is like in our part of the world. We have previous experience as volunteers ourselves and would love to offer you the same hospitality we have received during our travels. We look forward to getting to know you and exchange stories, experiences, recipes, and learning news things together.
There is a lot of native wild life here and we’re frequently visited by deer, moose and foxes. We’re surrounded by a large forest with plenty of opportunities for hiking and exploration. Swedish summers are bright with daylight almost 20 hours per day.
Hanna loves to cook and will most definitely try to show your some local cuisine, should you be interested in that.
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
Our plans for the summer include, but are not limited to:
- Painting the house
- Building a green house
- Tending the garden
- Indoor renovations
- As well as general maintenance of the garden and small projects inside the house.
What we expect of you:
- We are looking for people who wants to share their knowledge, or learn together with us. We are complete beginners when it comes to building and gardening, but challenge ourselves to improve every day.
- We're looking for independent people who are able to plan and execute their workday without supervision. Both of us have full time occupations, and we won't be able to work along side you during weekdays. If you're well organized and enjoy your freedom - this is the place for you.
- We would prefer to have a couple or two friends staying with us.
- Clear communication is important, so we need someone who speaks and understands English.
- You have a traveler’s insurance. (EU-volunteers are covered by the European health insurance card, remember to bring it).
- We are open for ideas, if you feel like you have something to offer which is not mentioned here – please let us know!
We can offer you a separate room in one of the barns, close enough to enjoy our high-speed internet but far away to give you some privacy. The room is well isolated which means it’s nice and cool during the summer but keeps the heat in during the rainy days. We also have a large kitchen where you’re more than welcome to join us cooking home made meals, and a yoga room if you’d like to practice yoga or meditate.
Our house is quite remote with no direct access to public transport, but we’re happy to give you a ride into the nearest village, which is about a 10-minute ride away. It has a great beach and a few shops. Sunne and Torsby are about 30 minutes away, and it takes an hour to reach the Norwegian border.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
We have a high speed internet connection, and the guest room is equipped with its own router.
The ground might not be the most even, but we have plenty of space for your van.
Depends on the pet.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: