WE are non-profit organization authorized by State Govt to provide free education on computers and career like English teaching, handicraft, music, yoga, etc to almost 215 schools of underpriviledged students in Himalayas. Working for Government school is itself a certificate of your authenticity from government of India hence this should prove genuineness of our platform.
The area we work and you are expected to volunteer is Bironkhal, Pauri Garhwal, Uttrakhand, India. This area is rich in natural resources and large population of it is farmers or people with economically weaker section of society.
We are 100% sure that the volunteers will definitely have a unique lifetime experience via
1. Learning a new culture of people of Himalayas who are known for their honestly locally
2. Cherishing their school days by meeting students of Government schools
3. Opportunity to polish their volunteering skills and learning new things from students.
4. After school time or during off school days, enjoying jungle walk, river walk, trekking, mountaineering, camping, etc. as place is full of such places which are unexplored.
Pratique d’une langue
Aide informatique / avec Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Travellers will get an opportunity to meet people (students, locals and teachers) of Himalayas who are known for their warm welcome to guests.
Also, while volunteering, volunteers will be close to nature (high mountains, free flowing river and surrounding jungles) so apart from learning a new culture, they will experience being with nature in laps of Himalayas.
Last but not least, a lifetime experience of rediscovering their skills with underpriviledged students of Himalayas.
We look for several sets of skills and qualification with or without previous experience and qualifications. We don't seek out degrees, but rather passion. Volunteers would be required to assist with the local teachers teach some basic English and computers to the age group 4-17 years old underpriviledged students.
We provide accommodation to volunteers in two ways
1. Home stay accommodation: This is a place which is part of a big house rented by owner. This contains all basic amenities like bedding, hot water, western or Indian style toilet-cum-bathroom, bucket shower, etc. The rooms are shared between 2 - 3 volunteers.
2. Budget Hotel: A typical hotel with a private room with all amenities. The rooms are shared between 2 - 4 volunteers.
Both these type of accommodations will be nearby to schools where volunteers can teach as well market where they can buy their local needs.
Apart from this, 3 times meals will be provided to volunteers. The food typically contains Rice, Indian breads, vegetable curry or lentils.
In case some volunteers prefer to stay in private room then it can also be provided at extra cost charged by Hotel.
The volunteers apart from their volunteering work in schools can also take their time out in activities like jungle walk, riverwalk, camping in jungles, trekking, etc. Our local volunteers can provide the required support to ensure they have a smooth ride.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Plus de 2
Maximum 4 hours a day, 5 days a week