Enregistré comme favori 559 fois
I spent 10 years working for the Red Cross in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa. My son is now 5 years old and happy to help in any gardening task. For the last 2 years we have been living in our small farm in Ponte de Lima. For the last year we have been working on many projects, mostly in the garden and forest. Help is welcome :-)
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
S’occuper des animaux
Aide dans une ferme
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
During 10 years I lived in 3 different continents and experienced different cultures.
I have an engineering background with computer networks and telecommunications and I like playing with sensors and microcontrollers, designing and building irrigation systems and automated chicken coops. I also have some experience in off-grid systems, construction and electricity.
Filipe likes singing, dancing, playing with sticks and is learning the guitar. He speaks Portuguese and understands Spanish and English.
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
Looking for volunteers with good physical condition, able to carry loaded wheelbarrows for example.
Wood splitting, electrical, construction skills or carpentry experience is highly appreciated.
We also accept someone with child care experience to spend some time of our 5 year old son and take care of the house.
Here are some tasks we always need help with:
- Clearing brush
- Cutting old trees and firewood
- a lot of digging and moving dirt
- Fixing stone walls
- Shopping, cooking and cleaning the house
- Taking care of the vegetable garden and feeding animals (chicken, dog, cats)
In 2020/21 we finished a few projects:
- Building an outdoor kitchen area with wood-fired oven. We're now having sourdough bread and roasted meals all the time!
- building bunk beds for the new volunteer accommodation (in the old mill)
- Building a garden shed to store firewood, tools, kayaks and bikes
- Installing outdoor lighting and cameras
- Building a platform for a tent in the forest
Projects for 2022
- Building a small house using wood frame structure - ONGOING
- transform a shipping container into a comfortable guest room/studio: ALMOST DONE
- installing electric circuits in the garage
- preparing vegetable garden
- building composting toilet
- Building a new chicken coop - DONE, needs painting
- building new wood shed
- Putting up fences and building stone walls
- Rebuilding an old stone dam that used to divert part of the stream to the mill
- Rebuilding water wheel and mill mechanisms (once we find someone who can actually do it)
- testing diy hydro generators
Private bedroom with one bed, shared bathroom. You can also camp in our tent in a private area of our garden. We provide three meals if you work 5 hours a day.
You should bring working shoes and (old) clothes. We provide gloves and gum boots if needed.
Laundry is done once a week.
Our farm is mostly woodland and is a 4 minute drive or 20 minute walk from the historical town of Ponte de Lima where you can find many facilities, including library, big supermarkets, a lot of restaurants and cafes and a canoeing club.
You can swim in the river that runs just in front of the house (it's a clean mountain river, quite cold though). A kayak is available too.
Twice a month there is a huge open air market in Ponte de Lima.
During the summer there are music festivals in Paredes de Coura and other nearby towns.
We are 1 hour drive away from Porto. There are regular bus connections to the airport and to Viana do Castelo, Porto, Braga.
One bicycle is available for guests. On days off, we sometimes go hiking, rock climbing, canoeing, mountain biking or canyoning around the area. If you have experience and insurance you are welcome to join!
High speed fiber internet is available.
We like vegetarian meals, but do eat meat or fish often and raise free range chicken for eggs.
Smoking is not allowed inside and near the house . Wine or beer is ok in moderation.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
There is unlimited fiber connection with 50Mbps.
We can provide a nice parking spot with electricity, access to a water tap and Wi-Fi !
5 hours a day (max 25 hours/week)
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: