Enregistré comme favori 1136 fois
---> Dear future guests*,
we will open our project again (if Corona wants us to) from the 29th of March until the 31st of October. Please send us a personal message (after reading through our profile) for a minimum stay of 3 weeks in this period. We're looking forward to get to know you! <---
We host maximum only 2 workawayers at the same time: either a couple (or friends) or a man and a woman to balance our group. We will choose according to harmony and feeling of connection as we live and work very close together with our guests. Thanks for your understanding and we're looking forward to meet and grow with you! :) ***
This is a small-scale farm based on a 4 1/2 hectare piece of land in the mountains near Ivrea, in the north-west of Italy at the beginning of the beautiful Valchiusella valley. Simone (32, Italian) bought this place in 2015 and started to plan the land based on a permaculture design. In 2016 Frieda (31, from Germany) joined him to create a little paradise together. Our idea is it to develop a permaculture project here to live self-sufficient, sustainable and natural – since 2016 we're looking forward to meet people who already have some experience to share with us and that appreciate a simple but in another way very rich lifestyle in contact with nature and the community that surrounds us here in the valley.
We are open to all religions/confessions, all races, all sexual preferences, but we are allergic to laziness. If you like to dig, weed, clean, take care of animals, build and repair things and in general offer a helping hand, then we would like to hear from you! We especially like people who are attentive and orderly. We live rather isolated, so not the place for a lot of partiers or social butterflies. We hope you will focus on spending time in nature rather than hours on social media. If you are mature, self-motivated and ready to go to bed by 10.00pm and get up at 6.30am, then this is the place for you!
- We can't accept small children here, because this place is not very childproof and our dogs not used to small humans.
- We don't host for gaining the italian citizenship. We're too remote located to get to offices easily.
Thanks for your understanding!
Pratique d’une langue
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
S’occuper des animaux
Aide dans une ferme
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
We gained some experience in the past years (by studying, reading, experimenting, living) which we like to share with you:
· no-dig and organic gardening
· soil improvement
· animal care (chicken, goats)
· milking and cheese making (not actively anymore in 2020, but we had the experience ;) )
· edible plants and medicinal herbs (recognizing, harvesting, processing)
· preserving the harvest (jams, chutneys, cremes, spreads, pesti …)
· cooking (vegetarian, vegan, regional, seasonal)
· household management
· basic Hatha yoga and one extra yoga mattress for sharing
· graphic-design, corporate design, illustrations and how to work self-employed (Frieda is a Graphic Designer)
· how to live from your small-holding and manage your place through the years (Simone is a Management Engineer)
· construction with wood, metal, recycled materials
· DIY-space for out- and indoors (we have workspaces for woodwork and finer crafts, a sewing machine and many materials and tools)
We also own some libraries with books about everything listed up above and more. There's also a non-fiction-area. The books are mostly in english, german and italian.
There is plenty of tasks to do, mostly in the fresh air.
In 2020 we plan to:
DURING ALL SEASONS
- participate in the household duties (cleaning, cooking, etc.)
- take care about our animals (chickens, dogs)
- continue to renovate the house (carpenters, in-door designer, plumber or experienced craftsman are very welcome!)
- clean the woods and grassland from brambles
- make firewood for the cold season
- collect and process herbs
- enrich this place with art, good conversations and life
APRIL – JUNE
- finish more garden beds around
- construction (fences, dry stone walls, indoor-design of a caravan, solar dehydrator and much more)
- take care of the gardens
JULY – OCTOBER
- repair dry stone walls
- take care of the gardens
- harvest fruits, vegs, chestnuts, nuts and more
- preserving harvest
We wish that working together will be an enriching experience for all, so for us it's important to know what pushes you to share our project, hoping it would be a step ahead for your projects as well.
You will stay in a traditional 100+ years old Piedmont cottage house, with a beautiful view on the plains in front of it:
- We have a shared area for the guests on the top floor under the roof where we have two tents for maximum 4 persons, a wardrobe and a couch, space for doing yoga and a beautiful view. The tents are stocked with 2 mattresses, we have pillows, bottom sheets and additional blankets but:
- Please bring your own sleeping bag
- All the meals, which will me mostly vegan/vegetarian, are included. You can either eat together or by your own.
- WIFI is only available through our mobile phones and just for important uses
- Shower and toilet are outside (Compost toilet and sun heated showers: we don't have hot water available all the time!).
- VERY IMPORTANT! The weather in the mountains can change quickly. We have many hot days through the whole year when the sun's out and it can get pretty cold when there are rainy days. So bring clothes for all kind of weather situations in every season. Weatherproof jacket and boots are essential.
- A head-torch can be useful for the night walk to the toilet (and for catching slugs in the garden during the night)
- There are a few solar panels with batteries, so the electricity may be limited if there are several cloudy days without sun.
- Water comes from a wellspring and we use wood for cooking and heating.
- We have a cat inside the house
If you're interested in more information about how we live together, contact us and we will send you more details.
The house is at the beginning of the beautiful Valchiusella valley with many beautiful trails and views, so if you like to hike bring some outdoor mountain equipment.
There are also other workaway hosts around us, some you can reach within foot walk. With them we meet sometimes to share work or just simply celebrate together :).
You will have two free days each week. In these you will be free to stay at the house or explore the surrounding area. The nearest city is Ivrea, which can be reached with a bus in less than an hour. Milan and Turin are easily reachable from Ivrea train station within a couple of hours. But also some close by villages provide entertainment with very good local made icecream (Gelaterie), bars and little shops for daily needs. There's a place with table-tennis and a pool closeby and in summer we have the river of the valley within a walk to spend the hot afternoons at! Also Damanhur, a big spiritual community with it's mountain caved inside the temple is not far – worth an (cost intense) visit.
---> How to get to our place: We only go once per week to the nearest town Ivrea, usually Friday, and can pick you up from there. All the other days of the week (except Sundays) there's a cheap bus going up to us. It starts directly at the train station in Ivrea and can leave you very close to the house. For more information please contact us in advance and please try not to arrive on a Sunday (no bus coming up), grazie! <-----
We're looking forward to meet you and grow together!
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Max 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: