Origine: Espagne & États-Unis
13.10.2020 - 30.11.2020
à la maison
Hola! I'm Elena. I am a quiet and warm soul. I love learning new languages and adventuring to new places. Animals make me very happy. Especially dogs and horses. You can pretty much always count on me to tell it to you straight, I like to keep things simple and easy. I like to dance in the kitchen and sing in the shower, but when my boyfriend Alex asks me to dance or sing I get nervous. The more I share myself with the world, the happier I am. Even if sometimes it's challenging. I am a pig in Chinese Zodiac. Family and friends are my life. I don't know what I'd do without them.
Hi, I'm Alex. I'm a dancing, flute-playing fool. I like to go lay in the forest and watch the clouds. I also need people. They help me see the hidden parts of myself I couldn't see. When I loose myself in the madness, I find it is the simple unexpected things that bring me back. A soft breeze, gentle words of a friend, the sound of cars driving by. The simple things that connect me to the rest of creation. Kayaking makes me feel alive, and riding my motorcycle like the world is limitless. The quickest way to my heart is a tasty meal and heartfelt conversation. I have a Chinese chili pepper tattoo on my left arm.
We love adventures. Within and without. Something about "freshness" of seeing other cultures and people that just does it for us. Sometimes alarming, sometimes beautiful. That's the beauty of it though. The "differentness" helps shock us out of complacency and prejudice and into a more direct experience with life.
Some of our.... Wait.. Our most meaningful experiences together have been working and volunteering on farms. Groundedness, connectedness, magic. The stuff that feeds the soul. So basically we need more of it.
Our dream is to have a farm, build our own house, be close to nature and live simply.
- Cooking and serving food: Alex has experience serving food and Elena's family owns a restaurant in Barcelona where she's worked since she was 16 years old, both in the kitchen and as a waitress.
- Landscaping and gardening.
- Basic building and use of power tools: We both love working with our own hands and are fast learners.
- Animal care: Elena has always worked with horses and dogs and she's used to the "not so beautiful" part of working with animals. We spent last winter on a ranch in Colorado were we took care of 15 dogs, 10 cows, 5 pigs and a handful of chickens.
- Horse riding and training (Elena): I have been working around horses for the past 14 years. Growing up I focused on dressage riding and jumping but as I grew up and started travelling the world I realized how important connection with horses is. Now, I like natural horsemanship as well as positive reinforcement.
- Translating or interpreting to/from any of the languages we speak. Copy-writing.
- Conflict mediation: Alex worked at a homeless shelter in Colorado and has experience working with communities. We are both good problem solvers.
- Social media advertising: We have good writing skills!
- Summer camps for kids: Elena volunteered as a camp organizer and instructor in the Catalan Pyrenees for over 6 years. We both have experience working with kids.
Chinese (Mandarin): Courant
25 & 31
Spain & USA
"Get up offa that thing, and dance till you feel better!" James Brown
We enjoy doing taichi and yoga and would love to practice with you.
Permis de conduire
Alex's belly is happier not eating wheat.
Régime alimentaire spécial
Elena is a vegetarian and will always be happy helping out with cooking duties.