Information du profil
Information de voyage
Actuellement, je suis
à la maison
¡Hola! After many years of traveling and workawaying I have finally accomplished one of my dreams and now I work online while I travel. I have learned so much from the people I've met through workaway that I wanna keep doing it. I usually work for about 4-5 hours a day on my computer and my schedule is pretty flexible, so I can adapt to my host's needs, but I will appreciate some flexibility as well.
I am a quiet and warm soul. I love learning new languages and adventuring to new places. Animals make me very happy. You can pretty much always count on me to tell it to you straight, I like to keep things simple and easy and I don't like confrontation. I like to dance in the kitchen and sing in the car. The more I share myself with the world, the happier I am, even if sometimes it's challenging. I thrive when I am surrounded by a community of like-minded people. I always find my way to animals and I feel like they find their way to me. My dream is to have an animal sanctuary where master animals can come enjoy life and feel loved. There is so much to learn when you slow down and observe. Animals are the best teachers.
I love adventures. Within and without. Something about "freshness" of seeing other cultures and people that just does it for me. The "differentness" of a new culture helps shock us out of complacency and prejudice and into a more direct experience with life.
Some of my most meaningful experiences have been working and volunteering on farms and with animals. Groundedness, connectedness, magic. The stuff that feeds the soul. And I want more of it!
I would love to build my own house someday, be close to nature and live simply.
Centres d’intérêtMontagnePlageNatureCampingYoga / bien-êtreDanseActivités en plein airRandonnéeVie en vanBénévolatFermeJardinageMenuiserieDev. durableAnimauxAnimaux de compagnieLanguesBricolage / artisanatCuisine et alimentationVégétarien ou végan
montrer plusPolitique/justice socialeCultureDev. personnelSoin des plantes
Compétences et connaissances que j'aimerais partager ou apprendre
Ça m'intéresse :Éco-projets
J'ai des connaissances :JardinageBricolage et projets de constructionBaby-sitting et jeux créatifsEntretien généralPréparer les repas / cuisiner pour la familleAider dans une fermeAider à la maisonTravail associatif
Je peux apprendre aux autres :S’occuper des animauxAccueil / tourismePratique des languesEnseignement
Quelles sont vos compétences ?
- Cooking and serving food: my family used to own a restaurant in Barcelona where I have worked since I was 16 years old, both in the kitchen and as a waitress. I have been a vegetarian for 7 years now and I love cooking vegan/vegetarian meals.
- Landscaping and gardening: over a few different workaway experiences, I have gained some permaculture gardening knowledge. I love getting my hands (and feet) dirty.
- Basic building and use of power tools: I love working with my own hands and I am a fast learner.
- Animal care: I have always worked with horses and dogs and I'm used to the "not so beautiful" part of working with animals. I spent last winter on a ranch in Colorado where I took care of 15 dogs, 4 cats, 10 cows, 5 pigs, and a handful of chickens. I also workawayed at a horse ranch in California.
- Horse riding and training: I have been working around horses for the past 15 years. Growing up I focused on dressage riding and jumping but as I grew up and started traveling I realized how important connection with horses is. Now, I focus on natural horsemanship as well as positive reinforcement. Animals are not tools and should always be listened to and cared for.
- Animal shelter experience: When I lived in China, I volunteered as a foster home for abused dogs. In Laos, I volunteered with abused horses as well. I am patient, loving and calm. Animals deserve so much love and I am here to give them whatever they need.
- Translating or interpreting to/from any of the languages I speak. Copy-writing.
- Summer camps for kids: I have volunteered as a camp organizer and instructor in the Catalan Pyrenees for over 6 years.
Chinois (mandarin): Courant
Plus de détails sur les langues qui m'intéressent
Ce workawayer a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa ou ses propre(s) langue(s) ou en apprendre une nouvelle. Veuillez le contacter directement pour en discuter.
Spain & USA
"Get up offa that thing, and dance till you feel better!" James Brown
I enjoy doing yoga and would love to practice with you.
Permis de conduire
Régime alimentaire spécial
I am a vegetarian and will always be happy helping out with cooking duties.