We are Viktor and Martina, a Hungarian-Dutch couple living outside the town of Cegléd, 40 minutes drive from the international airport and one hour train-ride from the center of Budapest. Our semi-sustainable home is located in the old vineyards and is surrounded by orchards and gardens and is a perfect escape from the buzz of Budapest. Cegléd is home to a large outdoor thermal complex, which is really close and we are happy to provide bicycles for you to explore the area. We can provide a room or tent depending on how many people are visiting. Viktor is a jazz-pianist and teacher, and Martina teaches in Budapest at the university. Besides our professional work we look after an apple orchard and make our own organic apple juice and apple brandy.
For over a year now we have been renovating a little house up the path, where we had two summer kids' camps already. What started out a small project has now grown into a project, the whole Bori family are passionate about. Our children - living in the Netherlands and Denmark - spend a few months per year here working on shaping the land into an eco retreat, with lodges and a forest garden. As part of this project we have converted an old winehouse into a community space and have planted over a 100 trees and bushes.
More details about the type of activities we would welcome help with. Come and join us, we love to cook and eat from local produce, make jams and cakes!
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
We are a multicultural family, speaking Hungarian, Dutch, English and German and a bit of French and Croatian. We love to have visitors and share experiences over a glass of local wine.
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
We could still use some help with:
1. building two off grid eco cabins
2. building a tiny house
3. continue shaping the garden into a lush oasis based on permaculture principles, which includes planting all kinds of plants, tidying up heaps of dry branches and the compost heap, pruning of old fruit trees/hedges, making a veggie garden bed, herb spiral etc.
4. harvesting and processing fruit and vegetables
5. creating a living pond (Do you have experience with rainwater harvesting, graywater filtering natural systems and creating irrigation solutions, don't hesitate to contact us. We would love to improve the water use in our land and think of and build smart solutions together)
6. generally making the outside bit (garden) of the property more welcoming. e.g. from creating cosy spots in the garden to sculpting a wooden statue in the acacia forest, any creative ideas are welcome.
Room with all facilities provided, hot shower.
In your time off you can visit the thermal baths, river Tisza (40 minutes), nearby towns (Cegléd,Szolnok,Kecskemét), Budapest (1h train) and more.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il aimait accueillir les digital nomads.
Cet hôte a de la place pour les vans.
Cet hôte a dit qu’il acceptait les personnes voyageant avec un animal.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week or less
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: