We are a family owned and run community in Yesilyurt village looking to create a sustainable way of living. Started in 2015 and now looked after by mother Gunay and daughter Deniz. At Pendaya we want to keep the culture the Cyprus alive, while looking at creating a more sustainable way of living. If this is something you like, we would love your help to get even better!
With a long family history, this seven-acre property includes:
- A quiet and peaceful garden full of naturally grown fruits and vegetables, including figs, oranges, pomegranates and apricots. The garden includes many areas to relax and take in the beautiful sounds and scenery; and
- An animal farm, home to sheep, chickens, rabbits and dogs who are free to roam the gardens and love spending time with our guests!
We would love our workawayers to help make the garden and animal as beautiful as can be. As it is currently just two of us at the property, we need some help! The focus will be on cleaning and maintaining the garden, as well as the animal homes. If you are creative, we would also love some more colour and creativity around the place!
Also on the premises there is a restaurant serving traditional Cypriot food offering guests a unique experience and taste that is lovingly and skilfully home made. We have 3-4 staff who run and manage the restaurant with us.
Pendaya is truly special place where the culture of Cyprus can be felt.
Bricolage et projets de construction
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide avec des éco-projets
S’occuper des animaux
Aide informatique / avec Internet
There is so much to gain from staying at Pendaya!
Firstly it will be a truly cultural experience. There are no other places like Pendaya in Northern Cyprus.
You will learn first hand about Turkish Cypriot foods and way of life.
You will be able to learn some Turkish. Deniz is fluent in both English and Turkish making it easy to communicate
You will learn what is involved in looking after animals
You will spend time in the garden, learning about growing fruits and vegetables
You will have plenty of time to do things you love and spending time exploring the region
If you are interested, you can also learn about how to make traditional Cypriot dishes
Help is required in a number of different ways here:
- Help with the animal farm - feeding, collecting eggs, cleaning of the animal homes
- Garden cleaning and maintenance, watering plants, pulling out weeds
- Picking of fruits and vegetables during season (lemons, olives, oranges, figs and apricots)
- Creative art projects, we are always looking for ideas on how to make the place even more beautiful and colourful
- Digital media - while we have a facebook and instagram page, we would love somebody who could build it further for us
The property includes a beautiful home which consists three bedrooms, each with a seperate bathroom and shower, and a shared kitchen and dining area. The home is located in amongst the garden making it a perfect place to wake up each morning.
You will be provided with food to make three meals a day. Please note our Cypriot diet is primarily a vegetarian diet, fresh from the garden. Some meats will be provided, however not with every meal. Workawayers will be asked to make their own meals. On two days off, meals will not be provided.
Pendaya is located in the Lefke region, the largest town in Northern Cyprus. It is very close to beach side (within 1 km), where the waters are crystal clear and calm! Supermarkets are closeby for anything you need. There are buses to get along the coast. There are many restaurants where you can enjoy a meal or sunset drink.
There is also plenty of solitude time when you are not working. The environment is perfect to spend time working on projects of your own, and spending time on your hobbies.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Plus de 2
Maximum 25 hours a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: