Information du profil
Taux de réponse
Usually responds ≤ 1 jour
I AM LOOKING FOR 1 OR 2 STRONG AND HANDY WORKAWAYERS WHO CAN HELP WITH BUILDING A FENCE IN MY FOREST.
I have been a Workawayer myself and am now enjoying Workaway from the other side! In the summer of 2018 I settled down in a hamlet near Cangas de Onís with a panoramic view on the Picos de Europa. I am a 40-something Dutch woman, working as a writer and editor. I live in the beautiful Asturian countryside with my dog and 3 cats. I am trying to live a simple and sustainable life, close to nature.
TYPE OF HELP
I am specifically looking for 1 or 2 Workawayers who can assist my (very nice) Spanish neighbour with building a 400m long fence in our forest. If you are experienced, I could offer you a small payment as well. If you are a couple and one of you could help out, I would have lighter tasks for the other, like:
- Working in the vegetable garden
- Walking my dog
- Mowing the grass
- Cooking/cleaning jobs
I am a vegetarian and cook mostly vegan food. The only creatures that are allowed to bring in dead animals are my cats :-) We will normally have breakfast, lunch and dinner together.
OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER
- We will be sharing the bathroom and livingroom, so will be living rather close together.
- The house is heated by a wood burner. In winter and on colder days I will make a fire somewhere during the afternoon, so mornings can be a bit chilly. Unfortunately the electric heating can't be used as it causes power outages.
- Meals are provided and you can always make yourself some coffee or tea, or take fruits. Other things that you would like to eat or drink you can buy yourself and of course use my (tiny) fridge.
- As I have my own work to do, I probably won't have time to entertain you during your free hours. I do have a little library with books in Dutch, English and a few Spanish books. I don't have tv. There is NO WIFI here either. You can use the hotspot on my telephone for small things like checking your email, whatsapp or looking things up.
- On your day off I can bring you to the Cangas de Onís bus station and of course you can get a ride when I have to go somewhere. Having your own means of transport would give you a lot more options to move around though.
- I have 3 cuddly cats. So this is not a very good place if you are allergic or hate cats ;-)
- I will host volunteers for 1 week maximum. One of the reasons are the short peaks in the amount of work that I have.
- If you apply, please show me that you have read my profile and tell me why you would like to stay and work here.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
I live in a very beautiful region, perfect for nature lovers. Some suggestions to see and do:
- The closest town is Cangas de Onís, it is about a 15 minutes drive. It is a nice, lively and touristy town with all facilities.
- You can take a bus from the Cangas de Onís bus station to the sanctuary of Covadonga and the famous lakes of Covadonga in the Picos de Europa.
- There is a GR going through the hamlet where I live. You can hike from the house to Cangas de Onís in about 19 kilometers. I can pick you up from there (or drop you there so you can walk back to the house).
- The cities of Oviedo and Gijón can be done in a day trip (but better to spend a night there).
- You could visit the stunning coast of Asturias. For example take the little train from Arriondas (I can bring you there) to Ribadesella or Llanes or walk 1 or 2 days on the Camino del Norte (one of the Santiago trails).
Types d'aide et opportunités d'apprendreJardinageBricolage et projets de constructionAide à la maisonEntretien général
Echange culturel et opportunités d'apprendre
As having been a Workawayer myself I think I can relate pretty well. And of course tell you my story how I transformed from an office worker in Amsterdam to living and working in the Asturian countryside. I can also teach you about vegetarian and vegan cooking.
At the moment I would specifically need help with fencing.
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
I would always like to improve my Spanish. I can (of course) teach you Dutch and my English is pretty good as well.
Your own room in the house
I live in a rural area with hardly any public transport on walking distance, so there is not a lot of entertainment around. And however this is Spain, don't expect warm, sunny and dry weather. It happens, but in Asturias you'll never know when. It is lush and green here and that is for a reason ;-)
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Possibilité d’accueillir les digital nomads
I work online as well. I don't have wifi though! We could share the hotspot on my phone, no problem, but that would only work for 'light' things online.
Espace pour garer des vans
It depends a bit on your vehicle whether you would be able to drive up here. But I have hosted campervans before. Electricity available as well.
Combien de volontaires pouvez-vous accueillir ?
Nombre d'heures attendues
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: