Thank you for your availability.
Things you need to know, as explained in our profile.
- I would like you to stay a month, or more.
- I will give you 15 reais a day for your lunch expenses.
- This is a summer house for weekenders in Itanhaém, so from Monday to Friday you could stay alone at the house, just with the dog. I may come in weekends, or not, because I live and work in São Paulo, and we may have guests on weekends, or not. We may also have other scheduled collaborators, specially when the previous one is about to leave.
- Dealing with the dog will require instructions as he takes time to trust and doesn't like strangers, he stays in a separate yard, away from visitors. You will need to feed him and water him thru a fence opening. Over time he could become your friend. But before that you should not touch him because he will bite you if you do. We rescued him from the street years ago. He loves those who treat him, but he is traumatized. He is vacinated. Please support Kirk.
- Bedroom could be shared, specially in weekends.
- Downtownby is in a walking distance if you want to hang around. We have a bicicle too.
- We have studio space if you want to do art and I can give you follow up on artistic development, even online.
- Although we are truly a recognized artist's residence and we hosted many artists and writers from around the world that pay to stay with us, this is not a house full of artists, as some candidates would expect.
- Our beach is good for surfing and you may hire surfing lessons from a well known teacher in town.
- Most collaborators love the experience as you may check in our feedback section.
- We are open to all kinds of development proposals for the house. One of our ideas is to develop some sort of arts and crafts monastery to bring more supporters to the house in a spiritualized environment.
- We hope you come and enjoy your stay.
More about us:
We are an artist's residency, beachfront, listed in international art residency website Transartists. We host regularly many people from Brazil and around the world. Here guests can relax or develop projects. It is not necessary to be an artist, although many artists come, we host weekenders and regular tourists too. The profile photo is our gate :)
We kindly ask volunteers to stay at least one month, because changing constantly doesn't help our organization process.
Apart from contemporary art, the a house is a place for self development. So we encourage walks, dialog and meditation. We also build small boats at the house: yes boats. We have a small carpentry :)
I am a graduated artist, independent curator, photographer, videomaker, boatbuilder, house builder and art consultant. I live with Maria Rosa (architect) and her two daughters in São Paulo and I got to Itanhaém in weekends. I stay around 20% of the time in Itanhaém and 80% in São Paulo.
Sometimes we have guests on weekends but during weekdays the house has no guests, so volunteers may stay alone at the house from Monday to Friday. We need to take care of the house, garden, guests, cultural programs and business development. Workawayers are expected to help with house painting, cleaning, gardening, welcoming guests, maintenance, carpentry, eventually feeding the bad dog (he stays is a separated area, we rescued him from the streets and he is not very friendly with strangers, but we have a safe place for him and there is no danger).
Itanhaém is very nice and modest city, it is a beach for the local people, it is not an international touristic destination. There are other beaches incredibly beautiful in Brazil, so don´t expect to find a deserted beach, it is a pleasant city beach by the coast, with very good infraestructure, mostly visited by local brazilian people and residents from São Paulo in weekends. There are many summer houses where we are.
Itanhaém is an important destination for local surfers, and we have surf tournaments regularly. Our beach is called Praia dos Pescadores, (Fishermen Beach). The city offers some historical buildings, as it is one of the oldest in Brazil (more than 480 years old), there are some good restaurants, surf shops (one of the best brazilian shapers), surf classes, nice walks, very nice river, some hiking options, cinema (in portuguese), some nightlife and our engaged artist´s residents :) You could use Itanhaém also as a base, to explore other towns, or even the great São Paulo city, with huge museums and cultural options! We are just 100 km from São Paulo, a bus takes one hour and 45 minutes in normal traffic conditions.
Apart from my experience in art and boatbuilding we can talk about buddhism since I converterd myself two years ago :)
Feel free to contact me for more info.
Have a nice trip! Thanks!!
Bricolage et projets de construction
Préparer les repas / cuisiner pour la famille
Aider dans une ferme
Aider à la maison
S’occuper des animaux
Accueil / tourisme
Pratique d’une langue
Aide informatique / Internet
Travellers can enjoy our great location right in front of a nice beach, and we can talk abaout art career strategies, art concepts, learn about house maintenance, gardening and boat building.
We are looking for friendly people to collaborate on our residency organization and activities development.
You will have a shared bedroom, in a house right in front of the beach.
Many people surf at our local beach, there are nice walks, restaurants, river tour and nightlife to enjoy. We also have studio space for art making.
We provide lunch under the following terms. Volunteers can cook their own food, we give R$ 12 a day to cover some groceries expenses. We provide also towel, bed linens, wifi internet and a nice house to chill out in front of the beach. Couples are welcomed but we can't increase the food money, so just one may work, or they can split hours of collaboration under an agreed flexible working schedule.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Maximum 4 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: