TAKE THE SCENIC ROUTE BETWEEN MELBOURNE & ADELAIDE - ALONG THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD & THE COORONG
A tranquil country home in Mount Gambier--the halfway point between Adelaide and Melbourne and only two hours from the start of the Great Ocean Road (western end).
Our home is a large, modern home in a tranquil and relaxing country setting. We are six kilometres from the centre of the rural city centre of Mount Gambier—the scenic city of caves and sinkholes and home to the world renowned Blue Lake.
Our home is spacious, peaceful and relaxing with easy access to the centre of Mount Gambier and surrounding tourist attractions.
We are an active, mature couple. We gravitate towards people who are open-hearted, generous of spirit, and happy-go-lucky. Most of the people we surround ourselves with have a love for life, have stories to tell, and have a positive outlook on life.
We are animal lovers—we have 4 dogs, 2 chickens, and a bathtub of goldfish.
We love being outdoors in nature and looking after our 1¼ acres of garden.
Bricolage et projets de construction
If you are interested, we would love to share the beautiful sights of scenic Mount Gambier with you.
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
We would like to host people who have any or all of the following skills:-
Building Skills (Build a pergola)
We are happy to do short term exchanges (3 – 5 days).
- Have a good work ethic and be able to work unsupervised and be able to use your initiative.
- Take pride in your work.
- Be a willing worker. If you are half-hearted in your approach to work you will not fit in here and you will be asked to leave.
- Be tidy and clean up after yourself.
The exchange is a work/accommodation & meals exchange. You work 4.5 hours per day in exchange for one night's accommodation plus breakfast and dinner is provided (you provide your own lunch).
If you think you can make a positive contribution in our home and you believe we could be a good match please get in touch.
Please make an initial enquiry by email and...
(a) State what skills and experience you have;
(b) State how you believe you can assist us through the vounteer exchange;
(c) State the date you would like to arrive and the length of time you would like to stay.
You are most welcome to leave your phone number and we will call you.
Please do not enquire without a photo or without stating how you believe you can assist.
Check In/Arrival Time at my home is between 1.00pm and 4.00pm. An arrival time outside of this can be negotiated so please ask and I can let you know one way or the other.
Our home is a ‘No smoking, No drug and No alcohol’ home. (If you smoke you can smoke outside.)
You will have:-
- a private bedroom with clean linen and towels
- a private ensuite bathroom with shower
- laundry facilities
- Breakfast and dinner provided
What is close by?
• Umpherston Caves (2.5kms)
• Oatmill Cinema– (5.5kms)
• Swimming Pool (5.5kms)
• Valley Lakes (6kms)
• Centenary Tower (6kms)
• Cave Gardens (6kms)
• Local shops and cafes (6kms)
• The Rail Lands (walking and cycling track)(6kms)
• Blue Lake (6.5kms)
• The Apple Farm (10kms)
• The Little Blue Lake (20kms)
• Mount Schank (Dormant Volcanic) Crater (20kms)
• Port MacDonnell Beach (25kms)
• The Glenelg River Mouth (30kms)
• Princess Margaret Rose Caves (30kms)
• Piccaninnie Ponds Conservation Park (30kms) (World Famous for Diving)
• Ewans Ponds (30kms)
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Large block of land. Plenty of space to park a campervan or motorhome.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week