Please read the profile prior to applying 🙏👍
The HOUSE s situated in BROBYVÆRK on the island FYN & the WORKAWAY/-s stay ON THEIR OWN there until May 2021.
OBS: FYN is the ISLAND between Jutland and Zealand -
ODENSE is the biggest CITY on FYN.
WE ARE :
My son (Danish/Norwegian), our 10 months old puppy (working Springer Spaniel ) - and I (Norwegian). We also own an old horse aged 28. He is stabled on Northern Fünen 🙂
Atm we live in ODENSE C - but from May 2021; I will stay at the house mostly thus WA - (if we decide to take on WA's summer of 2021) will stay in a seperate caravan in the yard/garden but with full disposal of all amenities in the house.
We have only started in summer of 2018, to have WORKAWAYs, and then had a long break due to personal circumstances, until March last year, just before the Covid - 19 crisis began.
the HOUSE is aprx: 88 sqm.
the 'LAND',: aprx 1200 sqm.
Please remember that WORKAWAY exist as much because of a host who open up their homes and welcome you, as it exists because of the Workaway.
It goes both ways 😉
THANK YOU 👍😌
21/2 - 2021
Potential TASKS right now :
- Installation of new (second hand) very heavy and taller than the existing, front door.
- Assistance with putting up passive ventilation (ie ventilators in the walls).
- Refurbishing bathroom/extension+ hopefully make small sauna with a sauna stove with water tank 💦🔥
- weeding/clear yard, paint carport, chop branches to make path + natural fence
+ put small fence up for the dog to be enclosed, until natural fence is up...
- plant some more trees + some 'evergreen' (have not decided what yet) - to make more private on the sides where the next door neighbour has some huge garage/storage buildings..
- make a new main entrance; i.e. move the exisiting gate + close with for example a fence with some evergreen or as a WA suggested, put a container up that can be both a 'shield' towards the road / get some more privacy + use it as a shed etc...or anything - (see all ideas for the use of shipping containers etc.)
.... perhaps two containers next to each other at the entrance along the road; and use the second potential container (where the old sheds that have just been removed by the latest WA were) as a 'gate-garage'...
- When weather allows : start the VERY ESSENTIAL treatment of the wood construction in the timberwork. . + clean/chalk the house outdoor.
- removal of the old eternit tiles will hopefully be started during this summer.....
- A dream is to build a self sustainable 'eco - cottage' with a separate earth toilet at the end of the north garden (there's an old shed there now).
- DIET:preferably organic + free range diet (i.e.: thinking of the planet diet)
- I have an interest in organic/PERMACULTURE/no-dig gardens. Thus back in May I had the owner of 'NATURPLANTESKOLEN' (at Hedehusene, Sjælland), for a visit to give me suggestions on how might to plan the garden
- bare in mind that WORKAWAY is based on mutual respect.& sharing of knowledge / ideas - though I'm open for constructive suggestions to the projects (I'll try to listen ;-) )
- HEATING : the only means of heating is a stove in the living room at the moment - (independent electric heaters in bathroom+bedroom) - hopefully soon there will be installed a solar-ventilator or similar (SolarVenti.dk) - which will keep a stable in/outflux & circulation of fresh air + avoid build up of humidity & too low or high temperatures☺️👍
- it's a lot of work trying to upgrade an old, neglected house - hence I find Workaway a very good way to get bits and pieces done.
- an electrician from 'Broby El', has been about to check the old el installations. Fuses were upgraded to 13 ampere, and washing machine + temporary 30l electrical water heater tank were both earthed properly.
- the HOUSE, built in year 1800, is in dire need of renovation although it’s fully possible (and legal) to live there while working on the place.
The hight to the ceiling is aprx 220 cm, but doors very LOW, (i.e.mind your head if you`re tall :-)).
- at times I'm thinking of selling the place - but will see how the goes.
This is an OLD HOUSE that needs to be refurbished & that is why I welcome WORKAWAY's.
Having WORKAWAYS around helps me to move forward with the house as well.
I am NOT a DANISH national thus have ZERO network here unfortunately .
My situation can therefore at times be very DE-MOTIVATING.
(OBS : the roof has classical, eternity tiles from before 1984, i.e; they contain asbestos. There are many houses around still carrying these rooftops and there is, according to housing experts in Denmark, NO RISK of exposure to the fibres as long as not in direct contact with cracks etc.
You are even allowed to dispose of the tiles yourself at the local recycling station as long as time is booked in advance 👍 - confirmed by the local ‘GENBRUGSSTATION’, May’ 20).
— removal of old tiles + new roof was discussed back in May 2020 with a professional architectural office (Vaag Arkitekter) who also has sketched a proposal for a potential extension of the attic/first floor with two bedrooms a.o.
( & just some random 'tourist' info here :
FÅBORG (historical buildings + one of Denmark's only two remaining medieval city gates, you will find here) NYBORG (long BEACH) & SVENDBORG (ferry to ÆRØ) - are other popular cities. All three with MARINAS.
Personally I prefer FÅBORG to ODENSE. It is also closer to the house. FÅBORG is strategically situated if you want to visit some of the little Islands + if you want to visit GERMANY via the ferry from BØJDEN to FYNSHAV - then there is only a short drive to FLENSBURG for example - which also has a great harbour market.
The landscape between Brobyværk and Fåborg is called 'de SYDFYNSKE ALPER' (the ALPS of southern Fûnen) due to its relatively hilly landscape by Danish standards. Here you can go horse riding on Icelandic Horses or rent a mountain bike to some of the trails. Or simply WALK on many of the paths.
There are also lots of small COSY TIMBERWORK HOUSES with FREE RANGE animals about.
On FYN there are also SEVERAL HISTORICAL CASTLES, alll worth a visit. Apart from various activities, it is also possible to rent a room for a night at some of them.
ODENSE is the 3rd largest city of DENMARK but doesn't have the feeling of a vibrant city imo., but perhaps you'll LOVE it ? Some do..)
I have previously both been living in and commuted to Copenhagen & know the place well.
I LOVE Copenhagen but are not able to live there at the moment - so I can be a bit frustrated & bored here on Fyn at times.
* CURIOUS facts :
R U interested in Danish FILM ? Or just film in general ?
FILMFYN.dk is located in FÅBORG - aprx.16 km from the house. FÅBORG has its own CINEMA/CULTURAL CENTRE 'HELIOS' - at the entrance you can see 'MADS MIKKELSEN's hands in the concrete; just like in Hollywood's Walk of Fame ;-)
* In ODENSE there is also 'ODENSE FILMVÆRKSTED' (ofilm.dk) - open for anyone who is interested in learning more about the creative process of creating DIGITAL VISUAL STORIES.
* ODENSE is also the host of the annual SHORT FILM FESTIVAL ' OFF'.
* The SERIES : 'DELIVER US' (2019) ('Fred til Lands) is shot entirely on FYN.
The local grocers ('Min Købmand') in BROBYVÆRK is used as locations for the scene where one of the main characters buy her pregnancy test.
The shop was also a location in the film : 'MØDREGRUPPEN' (2018).
MUSIC FESTIVALS : TINDERBOX & HEARTLAND are the most known international music festivals on FYN.
OBS I : I suggest you read about DANISH FARMING (mainly pig industry) before arriving.
OBS II : there has been a RAT inside the house, but all measures have been taken + professionals have been around and confirmed there is no infestation. Apparantly there has also been a record high occurence of rats in Odense this year. But of course in the countryside there are normally rats around the farms etc.
OBS III : the next door neighbour have a ROTTWEILER as guarddog....(there were two until recently).. It's enclosed by a 1 metre high fence .
To pass onto the main road you will have to pass the rottweiler.
It growls and bark but are harmless as far as I'm aware - .
This is the Danish countryside.
Be prepared 😊👍
Pratique d’une langue
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
Aide informatique / avec Internet
Just basic knowledge of Scandinavia and the possibility to find elsewhere to explore further.
I am interested in science, ideas, economy, arts and more.
I buy mostly organic and free range products .
General maintenance and upgrade.
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
In the house in a double separate bedroom. Max.two WA’s here.
Ideally though, not more than three at the time in the whole house.
Probably the best is a couple / friends or two individual travelers.
There are bikes 🚲 🚲🚲
In BROBYVÆRK there is a newly refurbished little hotel/restaurant with bar; BROBYVÆRK KRO.
There is also a local countryside shop for groceries , a library, a pizzeria/kebab place, football fields, a gym, basketball court at the local school and a local tennis 🎾 court..(not Wimbledon, but fully functional 👍).
Also I suggest you just check out Visit Fyn or similar / for sights on Fyn.
BUS nr.110 and 111 : will take you to Odense , Faaborg and Assens -
The 111 pass through our village (Brobyværk) , and the no.110 passes in Nr.Broby, but takes a more direct and faster route into town. It can however be slightly expensive on a travellers budget, so I will aquire a couple of `Rejsekort` you can use, and pay half of the expenses.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
We have 4G nternet at the house. Unlimited use of data which I pay monthly.
Cet hôte a de la place pour les vans.
Plus de 2
4-5 hours a day max 5 x week (I'm flexible)
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: