We are a multilingual family of three: Olga, Johannes and David (6 Months) Although being perfectly fluent in German, we know cultural diversity first-hand: Olga is originally from Russia. Johannes is from Berlin. We love other cultures, people and spending time together. So joint cooking, coffee, cultural events or visiting friends together is part of the deal (but not mandatory).
We are both full-time workers, so we need some help (approx. 4 hours a day) with the household and David, : fresh&healthy cooking, keeping the kitchen tidy, getting the groceries, a bit of babysitting in the evening (3-4times/month). Naturally, Sat/Sunday are free.
It's not hard work - but it needs a reliable, well-organized person who likes being in a family household, and likes preparing and eating good & healthy food.
One month is the minimum stay, a bit longer makes sense, so that you and the child can also experience the joy of a little personal relationship.
As we have some experience with people from all over the world staying over, this would be our basic rules:
1. Let's be open and communicative. It helps a lot to share your views and worries. It will make us understand each other better and get along smoothly.
2. Let's spend some family time together. This is not a mandatory "attend-this-family-meeting"-thing :) it's about common meals from time to time, coffee, maybe an activity you want to share with us. After all, this is not a job.
3. Let's keep each other tuned and well-planed. Schedules depend on information - and on reliabiliy. We might be extremely flexible for Germans.
4. Let's love differences. We surely will not be exactly the same as you. Differences might apply to cooking, humor, style or anything else. Differences can be interesting and funny and help us to learn from each other, as long as they do not limit another person's rights or freedom.
5. Let's be supportive to each other in the household. You are not a servant, and we are no hotel. So some basic rules of mututal support always apply. I will not leave you alone with a bunch of work, and you will not leave a mess after yourself in the bathroom :)
Our nice 80m2-flat is situated in an historical street right in the west of Berlin near the forest and a lot of lakes. Also we have a big terrace and lovely garden. Sometimes we do barbecue with our neighbors. We have a guest room with a good bed for you and big window. We will share the huge living room, kitchen, and the 2 bathrooms with you.
We like cooking at least once a day.
Mostly we cook russian, german or italian dishes but we also look the cuisine from all other the world.
Berlin is the place to be :) here you can relax but in 20 min you are in the center of the old west berlin.
Pratique d’une langue
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
As local and open minded people we can show you a lot of unexpected places in berlin.
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
We generally prefer people that already have a certain life experience - so our tendency would be 20+ , although there can be exceptions 🙂
you will have a small but fully equipped room.
Our flat is situated in the best area of Berlin in Grunewald 5 minutes walk to the lake Hundekehlesee.
It will a 15min walk to station S Grunewald.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Plus de 2
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week