Information du profil
Information de voyage
Actuellement, je suis
Ma prochaine destination :United States Minor Outlying Islands - du Jul 2021 au Mar 2023 Voir tout
Curiosity and compassion motivate me to connect with myself, others, and the natural world. The practice of being present with myself, others, and the natural world (which includes us humans) reflects beauty and truth in a myriad of ways. In those moments of connection I find peace.
My intention in participating in Workaway is to connect with people outside my own experience and open up to what they bring with them.
Centres d’intérêtMontagnePlageNatureCampingVoile / bateauFitnessYoga / bien-êtreCyclismeActivités en plein airRandonnéeBénévolatFermeJardinageMenuiserieDev. durableAnimauxAnimaux de compagnieLanguesArt et designArts du spectacle
montrer plusÉcritureLivresMusiqueVidéographiePhotographieCuisine et alimentationPolitique/justice socialeCultureHistoireDev. personnel
Compétences et connaissances que j'aimerais partager ou apprendre
Ça m'intéresse :Projets artistiquesÉco-projetsBricolage et projets de constructionAider dans une fermeEntretien général
J'ai des connaissances :Travail associatifJardinageS’occuper des animaux
Je peux apprendre aux autres :Pratique des languesPréparer les repas / cuisiner pour la familleAider à la maison
Quelles sont vos compétences ?
Life has provided many opportunities to learn and practice various skills.
- My first job was picking fruit in my home state of Oregon.
- Yard care and landscaping followed. I’ve returned to this several times over the years and it is now my primary contribution at my present Workaway.”
- Animal care started with dogs, chickens, and sheep. Over the years I’ve had the opportunity to do dog and cat sitting. Horse care was added, including mucking the stalls and grooming. Included in this was the opportunity to do therapeutic work with a herd.
- There were the babysitting jobs, but nothing compared to the skills learned as a mom of four (most of those years as a single mom): meal planning and prep, triage, home care, navigating special education and human services, chauffeur, mediator, financial planning, sewing, and many others.
- I’ve worked in elder care, both physical (MS) and dementia.
- Next was food service in various restaurants as well as volunteering at soup kitchens.
- Working at a frame shop gave me the opportunity not only if customer service, but measuring, estimating cost, and learning to cut mats and assemble art.
- Remodeling two homes gave rise to skills in drywall, carpentry, painting (week every house I moved to), cupboard and door installation, and demolition.
- In the education field I held positions of teacher assistant (pre-school), substitute (k-12), special education paraprofessional (7-8), special education and English teacher (7-8). My certification is English (5-12), and English as a Second Language (5-12).
- I trained as a facilitator and led women groups.
- Training also included special education advocate which led to volunteering with families as well as developing a community presentation for a local church.
- As a teacher the opportunity for continuing education included “Teaching Social Justice through Writing,” courses at University of Massachusetts, “Teaching the Holocaust and Human Rights,” from TOLI, and programming in race using “Waking Up White” as the text.
- During my years of teaching I served on several committees and boards focused on social justice, as well as attending grassroots training such as “People’s Institute Undoing Racism” course.
- After writing a grant, I was awarded the monies to run a writers workshop for 7th girls in order to give them tools and opportunity to use their voices through writing.
- I was a presenter or for a U of Mass course focused on volunteering for three years.
- My last educational experience was a MFA in Writing with an emphasis in teaching at a college level.
- As I move into “middle age” it became apparent that desk sitting, a couple yoga classes a week, and even walking the halls, was not enough to keep my body from fossilization. So I’ve started Workaway. Experiences so far are: weed mitigation, planting, organization, yard care, cooking, building, and milling.
Plus de détails sur les langues qui m'intéressent
I’m available for someone wanting to learn or strengthen their English. I’m interested in practicing German and learning Spanish.
Permis de conduire
Régime alimentaire spécial
Gluten and sugar free as possible