Information du profil
Information de voyage
Actuellement, je suis
Ma prochaine destination :Cyprus - du Jun 2022 au Aoû 2022 Voir tout
I am looking for adventures where I can contribute something meaningful to the world of wildlife conservation and learn lots of new practical skills.
I was brought up by a nature-loving family and spent much of my childhood with my mother's family in Zimbabwe, mainly avoiding snakes and trying to capture Ant Lions. I'm an amateur birder, currently training in bird ringing; I volunteer at a wildlife rescue centre in the UK; and have owned horses, dogs, cats, chickens, and rabbits. I will be starting an MSc in Animal Behaviour in Sept 2023 and would love to broaden my ecological knowledge.
I am positive, friendly, outgoing, and for the most part, house trained. Proven cures for positivity failings are: coffee, cake and/or a cat.
Centres d’intérêtMontagneNatureSports d'aventureSports nautiquesSports d’hiverFitnessDanseActivités en plein airRandonnéeBénévolatFermeJardinageDev. durableAnimauxAnimaux de compagnieLanguesArt et designDessin et peintureBricolage / artisanatÉcriture
montrer plusLivresBlogsCuisine et alimentationLGBT+Politique/justice socialeCultureHistoireDev. personnelÉvénements/vie socialeSoin des plantes
Compétences et connaissances que j'aimerais partager ou apprendre
Ça m'intéresse :Éco-projetsPratique des languesEnseignementBaby-sitting et jeux créatifs
J'ai des connaissances :JardinageBricolage et projets de constructionEntretien généralPréparer les repas / cuisiner pour la familleAider dans une fermeAccueil / tourismeTravail associatifProjets artistiquesAide informatique / Internet
Je peux apprendre aux autres :Aider à la maisonS’occuper des animaux
Quelles sont vos compétences ?
- I am confident with animals with experience through personal ownership (everything from rabbits to horses), and volunteering with RSPCA, dog rescue centres, and working at a professional polo yard. I currently work as a trainee bird ringer for the British Trust for Ornithology which requires a significant level of manual dexterity, attention to detail, and accurate note taking.
- As a History graduate I developed a strong aptitude for critical reasoning and analysis, and undertook substantial unsupervised research, forming a solid foundation of communication, organizational and time management skills.
- I co-operatively founded and ran a Martial Arts business where I coached children and adults, undertook all general admin skills, and promoted the club through various social media platforms.
- strong track record in customer service from work in optical healthcare and private fitness industry.
- Bronze and Silver Duke of Edinburgh Awards way back when, and have since exercised my map reading, compass using, and camping skills at regular intervals (albeit in the soft English countryside!)
- Recently learned how to use three different power tools. Amazing nail-from-wood remover and carrier of heavy things.
Plus de détails sur les langues qui m'intéressent
Ce workawayer a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa ou ses propre(s) langue(s) ou en apprendre une nouvelle. Veuillez le contacter directement pour en discuter.
I practiced Korean Karate for ten years and then went on to study Brazilian Ju-Jitsu. Sadly lockdown has prohibited practice in the UK for now, but I would love to train/learn from any host or fellow workawayer should the opportunity arise!
Reading takes up a lot of my spare time - I love fantasy mainly (think Terry Pratchett), but also books about the natural world, politics, philosophy, etc. Stories of other people's adventures have inspired me to start creating my own.
I also love horseback riding. I used to own my own horses and played a bit of polo here in the UK, though now I exercise horses for others semi-regularly to fit around work. Any excuse to mount up or simply care for horses gratefully received.
I should mention that creepy crawlies don't bother me in the slightest, and I am luckily not the sort of person to be worried about broken nails!
Permis de conduire
Régime alimentaire spécial