05.01.2020 - 31.12.2021
à la maison
Hello! DIY, human contact, maintenance of green spaces, participation in artistic projects ... And, /or : Learn French with me (all levels) or English (I must specify : beginners, or small practice).
I'm 57 years old. I am French. I lived until 30 years old, in the center of France (Bourges, Vichy, and Clermont-Ferrant, and in the surrounding countryside). From the age of 30 until now, I live in the northern Alps, 40 km from Chamonix and Annecy ... but I'm about to leave this region ...
I have been divorced for many years. My son - 24 years old - and my daughter - 22 years old - are now autonomous and independent.
I have thought well throughout the years 2017 and 2018, and decided to spend several years to go from one place to another, whether in France or abroad ... waiting to find a day, ( perhaps ), the place where I would like to settle again.
WorkAway (which I discovered thanks to my daughter), corresponds exactly to what I am looking for ... because my project is not to go on an adventure, but to arrive in this or that region or country, with a well defined place of accommodation, people to welcome me, and work to practice. Indeed, it is by working in a good atmosphere, that I can be the best "myself".
The skills that I can offer to my hosts :
- 1) I can bring help in DIY : painting, carpentry, masonry, renovation of objects, mosaics, floor tiles, and wall tiles (I'm rather manual, resourceful and conscientious, but I'm not a professional).
- 2) Help in maintenance of green spaces (planting, weeding, clearing, working with chainsaws, etc... )
- 3) I'm not an artist, but I have a good artistic sensibility ... So I can do some works in this area ... if I'm inspired ...
- 4) I can teach different subjects in French, to children as well as to adults: I have been teaching for about 20 years, with children from 4 to 10 years old. I can teach the French language to children and adults (either they are absolute beginners, or they already have practice and wish to progress), and English (beginner level, or to children/people who have already followed 1 or 2 years of classes. But I must specify: I can't teach English at a high level ).
I like this kind of work, and I have a lot of patience.
- 5) Last thing : I have to add : I spent my last 11 years of my professional life in a large humanitarian association where I had 2 main tasks :
* wellcoming people in precarious situations, coming from All Over the world.
* I worked daily with those people, for a few months, or a little longer, to facilitate their Integration... : ( I was in charge of a huge "second-hand books" department : sorting, shelving, selling..., for 8 years. After that, i became a simple employee in the tableware/ trinkets/ unusual objects sector, for 3 years.)
All that to say : I am rather calm / quiet, and I look for friendly atmospheres. ( Among other things, I like atmospheres like: associations, places of accommodation, etc ... : places where there is a lot of human contact. )
Goodbye ! ( Don't hesitate to contact me for additional informations. Thank you )
( I am looking for hosts with whom I could stay for at least 3 weeks, and even more ... provided of course that you and I, got on well ... )
you can read my description. Thank you.
Plus de détails sur les langues qui m'intéressent
I can teach French (mother tongue), and beginner English. I would like to learn Spanish, and improve my level in English.
Permis de conduire
Régime alimentaire spécial