Welcome to our host page!
We are a family of four: Rianne (32), Matthijs (34) and our girls Suze (4) and Evi (1). Currently we are expecting our third baby in December 2022. My husband runs his own company and Rianne is a working mom (healthcare financial). Suze is an enthousiatic and outgoing girl. Evi has recently turned into a toddler, which can be challenging but also she often makes us laugh! Suze loves to color and play with her dolls. Evi loves her mini kitchen and her little bicycle.
We live in a pretty spacious house in Nieuwerkerk aan den Ijssel. This is a village only 15 minutes from Rotterdam. We often go there on our (electric) bikes, which you are welcome to use as well. Furthermore, we have a train station and also the metrostation of Nesselande is within biking distance. Rotterdam/The Hague airport is only 20 minutes away.
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
We love telling you about how things work in the Netherlands. And we’re very curious about your country of origin! And of course you’ll be able so see a Dutch family from the inside.
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
Since Rianne’s belly will grow and grow this autumn and winter, we sure can use your help with:
- The morning run: the girls need to be dressed, have breakfast and hair in a ponytail in the morning. Suze needs to be brought to school at 08:30h and Evi goes to her grandparents / daycare 4 days a week. Since Matthijs already has left for work, Rianne can use an extra set of hands helping her out at this busy time of the day.
- Rianne works from the house approx. 2 out of 4 days a week and leaves for the office approx. 2 days a week. After the morning run, it would be great if you clean up the kitchen and living room.
- Laundry is a never ending story in a family of 4. Your help is wanted with some loads during the week (we will discuss the planning for this, since we don’t mind the time right now).
- Preparing meals is something we can definitely use your help with, approx. 3-4 times a week. Rianne loves to cook, but the time after her workday is limited which makes it more stressful then we want. During the week we mostly eat healthy meals. We would love to experience meals from your home country!
- We can use your help babysitting / playing with the kids during the week (when they are not at school or daycare) and the weekends. Of course we will discuss your days off and find out the a good scedule for both you and us.
- Our great cleaning lady cleans our house on a weekly basis. However, we can use your help with cleaning after meals, some light vacuum cleaning etc.
- We have a great garden, which always needs a little bit more attention then we can give it. If you like gardening, please feel free to do so.
- On Wednesdays and during the weekends we often go out as a family. You are welcome to join us.
We are new to Workaway, so it will be a new experience for us. We prefer to host a girl/woman. Furthermore, we would love for our girls to learn new languages. Therefore, we prefer a Workawayer who is native in English or German for now.
If you would like to stay with us for a while or would like to know more about what we offer and what we expect from you, or any other question of course, then please send us a message! We like getting to know our workawayers so we prefer them to stay for at least 1 months or more.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Matthijs & Rianne
You will have your own room available in our house, but we will share the bathrooms. We do have a great bathtub, which you can use as well ofcourse. We will provide you with a comfortable bed, lounge chair, small desk, closet and good internet. We have a great garden in which you can chill.
You can join every family meal, but if our eating hours don’t suit your plans, you can also take something to eat at another time, no problem, we’re flexible.
We promise we’ll do our best to make sure you will feel welcome in our family and that you have a good time in the Netherlands!
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week