We live in a horse ranch, which is located about 10 km from the city center of Mendoza, in the countryside, at the foothills of the Andes. Mendoza is the centre of the largest wine region in Argentina. It welcomes tourists all year long and offers plenty of activities and touristic attractions.
Our team loves working with horses in the Argentinian tradition. We offer to the (local & international) tourists horse rides, that end with the typical local barbecues (asados).
We have about 35 horses, but also dogs, rabbits, pigs and chickens.
Javier (38 years old, Argentinian) has grown up in this countryside and has worked for the past 10 years offering horse rides. Caroline (37 years old, Belgian) has helped him in his project for the past few years. They both speak Spanish, English and French. They have a 4 year old girl, Emilia, and a 2 year old boy, Diego.
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide dans une ferme
Aide à la maison
S’occuper des animaux
Accueil / tourisme
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
• Discover the countryside lifestyle
• Cultural and linguistic exchange (we speak Spanish, English and French)
• Possibility to ride from time to time (go with the groups to the horse rides)
• The main task is helping us taking care of our two kids
• Help us in the daily tasks of the house: maintaining it clean, prepare some meals
• Also, if you want to, you will be able to help with the activities of the ranch (feed the animals, help during the horse rides, clean the horses, help the tourists, clean the paddocks, etc)
We work with volunteers for period of 2 weeks. We only book 1 month in advance maximum!
We are looking for dynamic and proactive people!
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
• All food and drinks included (except alcohol) during the whole stay
• Bed in a two-people dorm
• Shared bathroom
• We like to run the house as if we were all a big family, and not a hotel: preparing the meals and maintaining the hygiene in the kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms is a shared reponsibility
• Access to swimming pool (in summer)
• Is there electricity? Yes, through solar panels (limited use). No WiFi.
• How is life in the ranch? Preparing the meals and maintaining the hygiene in the kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms is a shared reponsibility.
• Is there public transportation? We are 3 km away from the closest village and bus stop (the trip to the city centre takes about 20 minutes); from time to time, and when you anticipate it, we can drop you at the bus stop if needed. You can also order a taxi (about 400 pesos to the city center).
• What do I have to bring? Take comfortable clothes and shoes.
Cet hôte a de la place pour les vans.
5 hours a day, 5d/week.
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: