We are really hoping for helpers that are available as soon as possible and that can stay until the end of August.
The principal reason we are currently looking for helpers is because we will be away quite a lot over the summer and need help with our holiday rentals - mostly do the meet and greets, but for 3 weeks also doing the cleaning and beds as well, for the two 2-bedroom cottages next to our home.
We are in a great location for visiting Normandy - an hour from Mont St Michel in one direction, Bayeux tapestry and the D-Day beaches in the other and close to Caen, Granville, Coutances, Cherbourg and 1.5 hours from Rennes.
HAVING A DRIVING LICENSE AND BEING ABLE TO DRIVE A MANUAL CAR ARE AN ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL PART OF THE JOB. Sorry to shout, but I cannot make this clear enough. We have a spare car which we are happy to let people use, and is for running the kids around too.
We provide all food. and are really passionate about food and love having people that really enjoy food and eat everything, and are happy to cook and help prepare. Meals are family affairs. I do not get home until after 8pm, 2 days a week, so it will be necessary for the evening meal to be on the table when I get home on those days.
So basically the job is:
• Cooking the evening meal on Thursday / Friday and other nights if necessary for everyone – family and helpers. We are a food lovers’ paradise, with amazing local products, which come from my local food business. We eat local food and eat seasonal produce as far as possible.
• Walking the dogs daily – we have two unruly spaniels.
• A bit of stuff with the children - girls aged 9 and 10. Picking them up from school 3 evenings a week, taking them to activities. School holidays start in July, and the kids will be away a lot over the holidays.
• Gardening – weeding, weed wacking/strimming, mowing, watering picking fruit etc.
• When the cleaner is away cleaning and preparing our 2 holiday cottages which are on site for guests. Generally keeping the place in working order so that it looks great for our self-catering rental guests.
• Doing the recycling, bins.
• Doing the washing and folding. Our fantastic cleaner does the ironing.
You will have your own apartment, which has one double bedroom and one loft bedroom; open plan sitting room and kitchen, bathroom and toilet.
We are a bilingual family but we try to speak more English at home, but would be happy to have other language speakers as long as they are prepared to speak English. A native French speaker who wanted to perfect their English would also be very welcome.
There are always things to be done, so any helper must be really independent, a team player, a self starter, preferably a meat eater and preferably a non-smoker. To date we have had 5 smokers who have stopped smoking while they were here.
We have a discount with Brittany Ferries for those travelling to & from the UK.
Please get in touch if you are interested.
Baby-sitting / garde d’enfant
Cuisine / courses
Entretien / Bricolage
Aide à la maison
Aide avec les animaux
Normally someone to take over from me with the kids, and all the stuff a mother does! Washing, tidying, cooking, driving etc
I am really looking for people who can just join the family.
You have your own separate accommodation, in the new apartment.
We have a (slow) wifi connection in the house so internet is not a problem.
The languages we speak at home are English/French.
You must have a driving licence and know how to drive a manual car.
We are meat eaters, and we love to have people who are passionate about food and cooking. We would prefer that our helpers are also non-vegetarians, but this is not a deal breaker. We have learnt so much about food by having vegetarians and people from other cultures.
We are in a fairly rural location so you need to be happy with your own and our company. Going out (in the evening) involves driving. We are well placed for trips to Mont Saint Michel, D-Day beaches, Bayeux tapestry, Cherbourg, Caen, Granville, Vire.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
A minimum of 20 hours a week. If you are an hour counter this is probably not the place for you. Cooking and cleaning up after meals is shared by everyone, and isn't part of your hours.
Veuillez vous connecter pour laisser votre feedback.