We are really looking and hoping for helpers that are available as soon as possible.
We are in a great location for visiting Normandy - an hour from Mont St Michel in one direction, Bayeux tapestry and the D-Day beaches in the other and close to Caen, Granville, Coutances, Cherbourg and 1.5 hours from Rennes.
HAVING A DRIVING LICENSE AND BEING ABLE TO DRIVE A MANUAL CAR ARE AN ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL PART OF THE JOB. Sorry to shout, but I cannot make this clear enough. We have a spare car which we are happy to let people use, and is for running the kids around too.
We provide all food normally. We are meat eaters and would prefer helpers are too. We are really passionate about food and love having people that really enjoy food and eat everything, and are happy to cook and help prepare. Meals are family affairs. I do not get home until after 8pm, 2 or 3 days a week, so it will be necessary for the evening meal to be on the table when I get home on those days.
So basically the job is:
• Cooking the evening meal Monday to Friday for everyone – family and helpers. We are a food lovers’ paradise, with amazing local products, which come from my business. We eat local food and eat seasonal produce as far as possible.
• Walking the dogs daily – we have two unruly spaniels.
• Finishing the helpers’ apartment. The two bedrooms, bathroom and toilet are finished, but the kitchen and sitting room still require painting, parquet putting down and the kitchen will need installing.
• A bit of stuff with the children - girls aged 9 and 10. Picking them up from school 3 evenings a week, taking them to activities.
• Gardening – weeding, weed wacking/strimming, mowing, picking fruit etc. We have a veg garden, but right now it needs more work than we have time.
• Bringing in and oiling garden furniture preparing it for the following year.
• Generally keeping the place in working order so that it looks great for our self-catering rental guests.
• Doing the recycling, bins.
• Doing the washing and folding. Our fantastic cleaner does the ironing.
+ If you can also help with the e-business, that would be very welcome. It is a local online food business - so marketing, graphic design, picking up products from suppliers, photographing, video work etc.
We are a bilingual family but we try to speak more English at home, but would be happy to have other language speakers as long as they are prepared to speak English. A native French speaker who wanted to perfect their English would also be very welcome.
We try to spend weekends at the beach house from autumn to spring, to make the most of it when it is not rented out. We are away at least every other weekend - so you will regularly have the place to yourself, with just the dogs to walk.
There are always things to be done, so any helper must be really independent, a team player, a self starter, preferably a meat eater and preferably a non-smoker. To date we have had 5 smokers who have stopped smoking while they were here.
We have a discount with Brittany Ferries for those travelling to & from the UK.
Please get in touch if you are interested.
Baby-sitting / garde d’enfant
Cuisine / courses
Entretien / Bricolage
Aide à la maison
Aide avec les animaux
Aide avec l'ordinateur / Internet
Someone to take over from me with the kids, and all the stuff a mother does! Washing, tidying, cooking, driving etc
I am really looking for people who can just join the family.
Building skills are a massive plus, but not the most important thing.
You have your own separate accommodation, either in the new apartment or one of the holiday cottages. The apartment needs a fair amount of work. The two bedrooms are finished, along with the toilet and bathroom, but the sitting room and kitchen require a fair amount of finishing.
We have a (slow) wifi connection in the house so internet is not a problem, but a much better one in the gites..
The languages we speak at home are English/French.
You must have a driving licence and know how to drive a manual car.
We are meat eaters, and we love to have people who are passionate about food and cooking. We would prefer that our helpers are also non-vegetarians.
We are in a fairly rural location so you need to be happy with your own and our company. Going out (in the evening) involves driving. We are well placed for trips to Mont Saint Michel, D-Day beaches, Bayeux tapestry, Cherbourg, Caen, Granville, Vire.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
A minimum of 20 hours a week, in as many or few days as you wish. If you are an hour counter this is probably not the place for you. Cooking and cleaning up after meals is shared by everyone, and isn't part of your hours.
Veuillez vous connecter pour laisser votre feedback.