We are a small family-run Ethiopia-based group who enable running enthusiasts to train with professional athletes, to discover the country's vibrant running culture, and to immerse themselves in the landscapes and routines which have produced generations of Olympic champions.
As well as organising training packages for every level of runner, we also run an athletics club in Addis Ababa, and we work to broaden our athletes skills by training them in English, communication skills, massage, handicrafts and tourism.
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
We would like help with:
- updating website content and social media sites;
- developing funding proposals for our athletics club and our social-development programme, including seeking sponsorship and funding opportunities;
- preparing brochures, leaflets and events materials;
- promoting our running project directly with hotels and tour companies in Ethiopia;
- reviewing activities in the running-tourism sector
Our family-run hostel is situated 15 mins' jog from the highland eucalyptus forests and Entoto hills of Addis Ababa. Room and board (three meals per day) provided.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Spending time with us presents an excellent opportunity for self-starters to advance marketing, promotion and other skills in a developing-country context. You can also gain first-hand experience of living and training at altitude alongside the best (if running is of interest to you, but it doesn't have to be), while also mixing with elite athletes, experiencing Ethiopia's rich cultural and social life, and eating fresh healthy Ethiopian food. You can also sharpen your personal training for a particular race goal, hone coaching skills and learn some Amharic.
4-5 hours per day, 5 days a week
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.