We are a family from Amsterdam living our dream on the South-West coast of Portugal. We live inside the natural park close to the ocean. We decided to 'go green', live an off-grid life style, challenge ourself to be more self-sufficient and sustainable. Last year we opened our paradise to the public, so people could have an unique experience at our ECO-glamping. Since 2016 was a success, we are going to continue this year and raise the bar. Our main goal is to reconnect with nature, grow organic veggies and inspire our guests and volunteers.
We offer our volunteers an off-grid learning experiences, accommodations, with nutritious rich meals, lots of surrounding nature and fun.
We are starting up again and are currently busy with:
- Primarily preparing for our ECO-glamping (8 tent locations), for which we need your help in setting up infrastructure, solar energy setup building, house hold, planning, clearing scrubs and bushes
- Building a tree house , setting up our glamping tents
- Planning landscape, re-building a family size veggie garden and setting up the small greenhouse for seedlings
- We also appreciate your help with taking care of our animals (dogs, chickens and cats), and some support in household.
- we are also looking for certified yoga instructors who would be happy to provide yoga classes for our guests ( you will get a remuneration).
Please be prepared for some physical work, thinking/planning along and finding solutions in a back to basic setting surrounded by nature, aromatic smells from wild lavender, eucalyptus, pine trees, birds sounds and fresh mean winds...
We ask our volunteers to work 5 days a week and ± 5 hours a day, of which the hours can vary over the day (since we work with guests). You can have the rest of the day off to do your own thing, go to the beach, surf, walk in nature, travel etc.
About food and lodging.
- We provide a warm lunch during your working days, prepared by you or Sonya. For the evening you will need to prepare / cook your own dinner with ingredients we will provide. During your off time in the weekend we kindly ask you to provide ingredients and cook for yourself. Any relative expensive / special non-vegan or exotic ingredient wishes, have to be provided by the volunteers them self. Since everybody is unique, we off course can adapt to the situation.
At the moment we have one big camping tent (6m bell tent), a campervan, two small camping tents and we welcome volunteers with their own tents or campervans.
About getting back and forth between the nearest town (Budens) and our remote paradise, please know its a 7km bumpy hill ride. We recommend to come by car, but if you don't have a car we are more than happy to give our volunteers a ride when we bring/pick our children to school or go out for other things.
Just to draw the right picture for you: We are not any kind of luxurious ECO resort with shiny facilities and therefore our slogan is: the luxury of having less. Of coarse everything is clean and save, we have Wi-fi, streaming water, solar power and serve healthy nutritious lunches.
So if you like pioneering and to do lots of work outside surrounded by raw nature.... we are always welcome motivated and positive people to join our team... VAMOS :)
Dave, Sonya, Jip and Flint.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
We accept all ages men and women and prefer strong workers. We are open minded, ask volunteers to work 5 days a week. Note: We only accept people who stay for a minimum of three weeks or more.
We have one 4pp camping tent, one 4pp (6m bell tent), a mini 1pp tent and a campervan for our volunteers. We also welcome people to bring their own accommodation on wheels or tents.
We are pretty near the South and west Atlantic coasts... there's lots of sun beaches, nature and surfing stuff going on. Note: we are stationed inside nature!!! we are a 100% NON-SMOKING host and we are allergic to fires (too many wild fires have destroyed pressures pieces of nature nearby).
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
When we work with volunteers we are open for any questions regarding the way we live self sustainable, organic gardening, permaculture and natural building. Since we have lots of experience and Dave (moi) have a background working at Apple Inc. as a trainer (training thousands of people) we guarantee volunteering at Vamos Verde is a great experience and a chance to learn a lot.
5 (max 25 hours per week)
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.