Volunteer on a Farm. Beautiful Views and Relaxed Atmosphere.
A 10 000 acre (4000ha) property with up to 5000 sheep, 200 cattle and 1500 acres of crop.
We are all very interested in growing and producing our own food. We have an orchard and grow a large veggie garden. We also have chooks, geese, turkeys and ducks.
We are a family of four, Tim and Sue (mid 40's) Max and Tiff (26 & 23) We live and work on the property and also travel in our spare time.
We also breed Labrador and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dogs. We very much love dogs.
Type of help.Animal care,
Help in the house,
Cooking / shopping,
Specific work Includes:
- Clearing Sticks and rocks from the field.
- Clearing weeds from the paddocks.
- Digging and weeding in the vegetable garden.
- Cleaning up after and playing with our many wonderful dogs.
- Working in the kitchen Cleaning and Cooking for up to six people.
- You will also get the opportunity to work with the sheep and cattle depending on the schedule at the time.
Workaways must be:
- Physically fit and healthy, no disabilities.
- Able to Cook for 6 people
- Able to drive a manual car.
- People with allergies need to consider they will be outdoors and also with animals including dogs.
- You will need good strong enclosed boots without laces and appropriate clothing, Hat and sunscreen.
- Unfortunately we don't host families.
Also on the farm there is an inground swimming pool. You will have access to the internet.
Condobolin is serviced by both bus and train from sydney most days of the week and we will pick you up in condobolin.
What else ...
-Also tell us of your skills and experience. Any allergies you have.
-Please tell us when you would like to visit and for about how long.
-Please have a completed workaway profile including photo, Its nice to know your a real person :)
-If your someone who will look at their mobile phone all day with your Ipod in your ears this is not the experience for you.........just saying :)
We are very flexible with people who come here as long as your prepared to help out. If your an Honest, Trustworthy and Reliable person who will put effort and care into your work, I am sure you would love it here and we would love to meet you.
We work year round, and welcome visitors anytime except June/July or December/Janurary . Happy to have short, long, multiple and last minute stays just get in touch and we will go from there.
Some more information
Volunteering hours expected
Feedback left about host
by Ximo [30/11/2012]:for host
by Katy [25/11/2012]:for host
by carole [21/10/2012]:for host
by Daniel [18/10/2012]:for host
See You next year :)
Was a great experience, filled with lots of laughter, good food, and great company. Greg and Jessica were a great help always trying new jobs.
by Jessica [01/06/2012]:for host
by Florian [13/03/2012]:for host
I hope we meet again one day!
by Ole [07/11/2011]:for host
our time was to short but awesome... thanks for everything and we really want to come back one day!
by Eric [29/07/2011]:for host
Thank you so much vor everything! it really couldn't have been any better.
Hope to see you again soon!
by GANDON [15/07/2011]:for host
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.