My family would like to invite travellers to stay with us at our farm in the centre of NSW near the town of Condobolin 500km west of Sydney. We have been having so much fun hosting people and making new friends.
A 10 000 acre (4000ha) property with up to 5000 sheep, 200 cattle and 1500 acres of crop.
We are all very interested in growing and producing our own food. We have an orchard and grow a large veggie garden. We also have chooks and ducks.
We are a family of four, Tim and Sue (mid 40's) Max and Tiff (29 & 26) We live and work on the property and also travel in our spare time.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
You will be expected to make yourself available 8 hours a day, the work is varied and simple. You wont be slaving away for 8 hours. Some of the work includes gardening and making lunch etc.
Specific work Includes:
- Clearing Sticks and rocks from the field.
- Clearing weeds from the paddocks.
- Digging and weeding in the vegetable garden.
- Working in the kitchen Cleaning and Cooking for up to six people.
- You will also get the opportunity to work with the sheep and cattle depending on the schedule at the time.
Workaways must be:
- Physically fit and healthy, no disabilities.
- Able to Cook for 6 people
- Able to drive a manual car.
- People with allergies need to consider they will be outdoors and also with animals including dogs.
- You will need good strong enclosed boots without laces and appropriate clothing, Hat and sunscreen.
- Unfortunately we don't host families.
English, You must be able to speak and understand english.
Workawayers stay in our furnished two bedroom train carriage which is close to the main house. It has a full kitchen and bathroom. Also Air conditioning, woodfire, hotwater, fridge, microwave and TV. Can easily accomodate groups. NO Pets of any kind!
Also on the farm there is an inground swimming pool. You will have access to the internet.
Condobolin is serviced by both bus and train from sydney most days of the week and we will pick you up in condobolin.
If you are interested in coming here please email us with some information about yourself and your trip.
-Also tell us of your skills and experience. Any allergies you have.
-Please tell us when you would like to visit and for about how long.
-Please have a completed workaway profile including photo, Its nice to know your a real person :)
-If your someone who will look at their mobile phone all day with your Ipod in your ears this is not the experience for you.........just saying :)
We are very flexible with people who come here as long as your prepared to help out. If your an Honest, Trustworthy and Reliable person who will put effort and care into your work, I am sure you would love it here and we would love to meet you.
We work year round, and welcome visitors anytime except June/July or December/Janurary . Happy to have short, long, multiple and last minute stays just get in touch and we will go from there.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.