We are looking for helper/s for loads of different things..so if you want to discover life on a busy farm, please get in touch. Never a dull moment, lots of variety, mad-busy household, bilingual kids, great food...
Things we need help with include:
- help with horses/ponies (for riders or non-riders, we will train you and our ponies are gorgeous, they love attention!)
- help with poultry (feeding, cleaning, mending houses: they are addictive....much more interesting than watching TV!)
- help in house/B&B (ironing, cleaning, cooking, guest care: the list is endless)
- help with DIY (fixing, building, fencing, painting.....access all areas!)
- help in garden (preparation of ground, planting...the season is approaching so anyone with green fingers please apply!)
- help on farm/dairy (milking, preparing dairy products, cleaning...lots going on in this department)
- help with vehicle care (cleaning/care of quad bike, bikes, classic car, horse lorry...anyone with mechanical skills? )
Never two day the same, lots going on, opportunity to speak English and French. Quiet rural location but only 30 minutes from Caen and the D-Day landing beaches. Nearest shops 3km.
Our mad, lively household with 3 kids (7,10, 13), dog, cats, will appeal to helpers who like to be busy (we don't count hours, we just get on with it!) and don't mind working outside/getting dirty. In return, we'll share our French country lives with you and of course, feed and water you well!!
Accommodation will be provided either in a simple room in the house or if you're a couple and would prefer privacy, we have a nice mobile home (non smoking) which has two bedrooms, shower room, separate WC, kitchen with cooker, microwave, fridge and sink. Sitting/dining area with sofas.
All meals will be provided in our farmhouse kitchen (we like to eat well and produce our own dairy, meat and eggs so you will need to fit in with that).
We look forward to hearing from you,
The Le Moigne Family
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Come with a smile and a willing nature, that's all we ask!
Mobile home, fully equipped and with heating or a bedroom in our family home
25 minutes to Caen city/historical sites
30 minutes to nearest D-Day beaches
45 minutes Bayeux/Deauville
20 minutes Suisse Normande
2 hours by train to Paris
30 minutes from Caen Ouistreham ferry port
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.