Argentina, Chile, Peru
01/11/2018 - 01/05/2019
We (Lynsey and Alex) are a couple originally from Colorado. We've been together for the past 6 years and have spent the last two living in Europe. We quit our jobs a while back and have been enjoying the workaway lifestyle. So far we've stayed at an off-grid organic farm, a sustainable communities project, a winery and a retreat centre. And we like it, so we'd like to keep doing it!
We are hoping to find a workaway where we can help out on a farm, garden and/or guesthouse. We're looking forward to learning more about other cultures, eco friendly lifestyle, permaculture, gardening, cooking and outdoor activities in general. In our spare time we enjoy reading, cooking, cycling, hiking and spending time outdoors.
We're also currently learning Spanish and are looking for a place to practice and improve our Spanish skills.
A little bit about us:
Lynsey: I have moved around a bit but call California home. I love spending time outdoors hiking, surfing, camping and gardening. I studied Anthropology and Environmental Sustainability in school where I was involved in a number of sustainability projects. In my free time, I enjoy cooking, reading and practicing yoga.
Alex: Originally from Colorado, I grew up spending a lot of time in the mountains hiking and skiing. I spend most of my time outside of work reading, hiking, cooking and learning new things. I studied English and Political Science in college and enjoy discussing current events and philosophy.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
- Farming/Gardening: planting, weeding, pruning, laying irrigation systems, land preparation
- Kitchen and Service Industry: cooked and baked for large groups of workawayers (up to 50 per meal), primarily vegan/vegetarian meals, barista experience, reception
- Fix-it: Painting houses (indoor and outdoor) and general fix-it stuff, plus a bit of experience in laying tile, demolition, installing cabinets, landscaping, minor repairs
- Sales, Customer Service, Marketing and reception (worked in sales and marketing for 5 years)
- Kitchen and Service Industry: waitress for lunch and dinner at upscale restaurant, catering, kitchen porter, bread baker, breakfast prep, cooked and baked for large groups of workawayers (up to 50 per meal), primarily vegan/vegetarian meals
- Lodge/Hotel work: room cleaning, reception, laundry
- Farming/Gardening: planting, weeding, pruning, laying irrigation systems, land preparation, landscaping, taking care of horses
- Yoga: taught small/medium sized class for over a year although I am not yet a certified yoga instructor, teach mostly vinyasa and some hatha based classes
- Sales, Customer Service, Marketing and reception (worked in sales and marketing for 3 years)
Native English, Beginner/Intermediate Spanish
27 & 27
We're looking forward to meeting you! If you have any questions for us just say the word.
Special dietary requirements
Lynsey is mostly vegetarian but very flexible!