From: New Zealand
Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe
31/08/2018 - 31/03/2019
Hi! I'm Suz, and here's a little about me.
Back home in New Zealand I fill my weekends up by getting out and away whenever I can, from trekking up through the bush to a remote hut or driving out to the coast to a batch, I really enjoy an adventure, getting outside and out of town - so does my dog!
I also enjoy running and mountain biking.
I come from a family of 6 so am used to the hectic busy family life - and all that comes with it!
I’ve grown up in a semi-rural area of New Zealand so am familiar with a bit of country life, from gardening, looking after animals (this includes our siblings) and helping out round our home with whatever needs doing.
I am passionate about looking after our incredible world we're lucky enough to live on!
I enjoy Workaway’s as they provide a much more authentic way of travelling the world. I love getting submerged in the true day to day way of life in new countries. Workaway is such a lovely way to get involved in the culture and to meet people in a more personal way which is what I love and enjoy.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
I’m currently working in a marketing and communications role for Flick Electric Co, this involves improving their social media platforms, event planning and many other admin type tasks.
- Previously worked in cafes so have hospitality experience and lots of people skills, I’m confident with helping / meeting new people and have good communications skills.
- Completed a 1 year city and guilds chef course. I love to cook good food!
- Worked in child care centres part time in cooking and caregiving positions.
- I have previously spent a few months volunteering for earthquake relief in Nepal clearing crumbled homes, I’m a very active person & can handle physical labour.
- I have some English teaching skills from volunteering in India.
- I am a sociable person and absolutely love an outdoor adventure!
Special dietary requirements
I eat plant based food. I can accomodate this pretty easily usually :)