Informações do perfil
Informações de viagem
Atividades em que tenho interesse:
San Jose, Costa Rica
Hmm up you want to explore the city with me.
Meu próximo destino:Ecuador Ver tudo
My name is Kerrie and I am a gap year student looking to be able to travel to new places and make meaningful connections with people before going to university to pursue marine conservation.
I am a very adventurous and outgoing person who loves jumping into new situations and bonding with people over new experiences. I am very passionate about people, nature and being outdoors and would love the opportunity to learn about different cultures and explore new environments.
I am very passionate about sustainability and try my best to live environmentally friendly through vegetarianism and supporting eco conscious and local brands and projects. I wish to pursue marine conservation in the future and hope for it to be able to take me all over the world to allow me to fulfil my passion for travel.
I have experience working in hotels and have developed many skills including communicating with people in different settings, waitressing, bartending and general maintenance and cleaning.
I have previously volunteered through workaway in hostels in Split, Croatia and San Jose, Costa Rica where I got to utilise and develop my skills in cleaning, reception work and helping organise activities for the guests. I have also used workaway to volunteer on a finca in Guapiles, Costa Rica where I learnt so much about permaculture and sustainable farming and met lots of incredible locals. Using workaway to volunteer was one of the best decisions I've ever made and I made so many unforgettable memories and met tonnes of interesting people and I would love to carry on doing this.
Some of my best memories come from travelling and the strangers I've met along the way and I hope to make more that I'll remember for the rest of my life.
InteressesMontanhasPraiaNaturalezaCampingMochilãoEsportes de aventuraEsportes aquáticosAtividades ao ar livreCaminhadaTrabalho beneficenteSustentabilidadeAnimaisMascotesIdiomasArte e designLivrosMúsicaFotografiaVegetariano/veganoPolítica/justiça social
mostrar maisCulturaEventos e socialModa e belezaCuidar de plantas
Habilidades e conhecimento para compartilhar ou aprender
Tenho interesse em:Projetos ambientaisTrabalho beneficenteProjetos artísticosJardinagemVida na fazenda
Conhecimento de:Cuidar de animaisAjuda a cuidar da casaManutenção geralHotelaria/turismo
Quais são suas habilidades?
- Hotel experience including waitressing, bartending, events (including weddings, conferences, wakes, parties etc), maintenance and cleaning and I'm currently being trained in hotel management.
- I have previously used workaway to volunteer at a hostel in Split, Croatia where I cleaned, worked reception and helped with activities with for the guests.
- 9 years of Girlguiding experience including volunteering projects that included housework, catering, gardening and outdoor maintenance; running activities for younger children, charity work including bag packing to raise money for cancer research and plenty of camping and outdoor living experience including cooking, putting up tents and camp maintenance.
- Volunteering experience in an animal shelter, a library and dog-walking.
- 12 years of experience looking after and taking responsibility for a variety of animals.
- Level 1 Certificate of Education Coaching which was used to teach younger students at school.
- Paper round delivery experience.
-Book keeping on SAGE for multiple companies.
- Developing handicraft and artistic skills in photography, crochet and garment construction.
Mais detalhes sobre meu interesse em idiomas
I would especially be interested in learning Spanish and French (which I have a very basic knowledge of) and I have an A-level in English Language so may be particularly useful in teaching grammar and syntax.
- Outdoor activities including hiking, skateboarding, running, cycling and would be interested in trying more activities including surfing and water sports.
- Artistic activities including photography, crochet, garment making and design.
- Reading and music.
Mais algumas informações
Carteira de motorista
I'm vegetarian but am willing to make exceptions in unavoidable situations.
I really got to experience hostel life and I can't recommend enough.