Information du profil
Information de voyage
à la maison
I'm currently based in London. I intend to travel to begin Workawaying again at the start of 2022. I'll see where it takes me!
Hi! My name is Mikey, and my dog Hank and I are looking for a place where we can learn about sustainable growing and farm life. I’m a fiction writer and I am 26 years old. I have been living in London for the past five years, working with children and young people for three days per week, and writing on my days off. I enjoy it, but something is missing! I want to spend some time in a community of people living off the land to re-connect with myself, and to learn new skills along the way.
I am relaxed, fun and thoughtful. I crave the outdoors and get very passionate about practical projects when I set to mind to them. In my spare time I write, read a lot of books and have recently started sewing.
Hank is a 4-year-old rescue dog from Cyprus, and my partner and I fostered him for a year. But then we fell in love and decided to keep him! Through Hank, I've discovered a love for dog training that I didn't know I had. You can therefore expect to meet a dog who is well trained, and you can expect me to take all the steps necessary to ensure that introductions go well, and that Hank fits smoothly into your farm. I've been thinking as training as a behaviourist in the future, and while Hank and I would love to live alongside other dogs, I would love to experience working with other animals too!
I want to join a host community from about Feb 2022. I'm hoping to stay somewhere for a month or potentially a lot longer if it's a good fit. I want to stay at a place where I can continue to write fiction for 2-3 hours per day, but my hands will be more than available besides.
Centres d’intérêtMontagneNatureCampingYoga / bien-êtreCyclismeDanseActivités en plein airRandonnéeVie en vanFermeJardinageAnimauxAnimaux de compagnieArt et designBricolage / artisanatÉcritureLivresFilms et téléMusiquePhotographie
montrer plusVégétarien ou véganLGBT+Politique/justice socialeCulture
Compétences et connaissances que j'aimerais partager ou apprendre
Ça m'intéresse :Éco-projets
J'ai des connaissances :JardinageBricolage et projets de constructionAider dans une fermeProjets artistiques
Je peux apprendre aux autres :S’occuper des animauxTravail associatifAide informatique / InternetEnseignement
Quelles sont vos compétences ?
- General handi-person work: I'm not formally trained in practical work, but I feel confident enough to turn my hand to a variety of tasks, taking the time to learn and get things right. I've done lots of painting/decorating, I've wired in lots of electrical installations, and I even fixed the engine of an old broken boat that I used to live on, but I wouldn't rush to do this again!
- Gardening: this is more of a fledgling skill that I am keen to develop, but I have previously landscaped and tended to a garden at the home of a previous work away host. I've spent far far far too long saying that I'm going to do a horticulture course and (note to self) I really ought to get around to this soon...
- Wordpress and website work: I edited the website of a prominent legal chambers for two years, and I have maintained the websites for the past two organisations I have worked for, while carrying out my other duties.
- Writing: writing fiction is my main passion but I feel equally comfortable writing content. I have written the content for two websites in the past three years.
- Creative workshops: I have delivered many creative workshops for children and young people. These included a video project based in an art exhibition, in which young people interacting with the installations. It also includes a stop-frame animation project based around wild flowers.
- Dog training: I own Hank the Cypriot rescue dog with my partner. See my profile picture for him looking sad & huddling beneath my coat in the rain (he hates getting wet more than anything else!). Hank was a 'reactive' dog when we first adopted him, struggling to tolerate people and other dogs. My partner and I did A LOT of training with him to get him to a place where he could relax around others, and we've set him up for a happy life with us.
Permis de conduire
Régime alimentaire spécial