01.01.2021 - 31.07.2021
I'm open for a lot of things and if you think we should travel together, just hit me up!
I'm an 18 year old guy from the South of Germany that is taking a year off between school and university to travel, get out of my comfort zone and meet new people and challenges.
For my gap year, I was enrolled in a volunteer service program in which I would have taught in a small village school in Tanzania. This sadly didn't work out because of the current pandemic.
I was hopeful that the situation would improve in the second half of the year, but it sadly just got worse.
I'm in the lucky position of having an aunt and uncle living in the South of France in a beautiful old Château which they are renovating. They're Workaway hosts themselves and through them I learned about this wonderful platform.
I stayed there from summer until Christmas and worked on many different projects like building a greenhouse, painting, ditches for water and electricity, gardening, caring for the chickens and puppies, truckloads to the dump and vehicle maintenance.
I also spent three weeks harvesting onions and picking apples for a local farmer.
It was a great time since I learned many new things, had a definite working time of 4-5 hours a day, and still spent time with my relatives.
However, since I want to explore new sides of the world and meet different people, I am now travelling in Europe to find different places to stay and work.
I love to go out in nature, by bike or hiking, running, just walking or swimming.
I see myself as an very open person. I'm eager to learn and expand my knowledge and skills. I enjoy interesting conversations and discussions and am looking forward to getting to know you.
- Some carpentry, painting, and construction labour. I painted a greenhouse and put the glass roof on it.
- Teaching German, English, and tutoring in other subjects.
- I'm good with animals.
- I like to cook and I'm a quick learner.
- I work well in teams. (I was president of our student council and worked with young people.)
- I'm good with computers (like data entry, file organization, some photo and video editing, etc. I've also built several computers).
- I installed the Ethernet and TV systems in my aunt and uncle's château.
- Gardening and landscaping (my father is a landscape gardener).
- I harvested onions and picked apples for several weeks.
- Cleaning, Laundry, trips to the dump, and general household tasks.
In addition I'm especially interested in doing things I've never done before and I'm a quick study.
I am open, adaptive and not afraid of doing hard, sweaty, and dirty jobs. I am also flexible in working times and can work alone as well as alongside others.
Plus de détails sur les langues qui m'intéressent
I would love to improve my English and get to know other languages. I could teach German.
Since I don't have my whole journey planned out yet : If you're a host or another Workawayer and think that we would fit together, feel free to write a short message and say hello!
I tested positive for COVID-19 in November 2020 which means that I am no longer infectious and I am resistant.
Permis de conduire
Régime alimentaire spécial
I try to eat healthy and well balanced and love to try new dishes.