Our Cafe is an associative coffee shop, where we organize events to build links between Turkish and refugee communities. It is in front of the sea in the touristic city of Cesme, facing the Greek island of Chios.
Our NGO runs a lot of activities with refugees at the camps and in our education village nearby Cesme.
The Cafe was our first warehouse and community centre. It is run by a team of volunteers, so there is no paid staff.
Entretien / Bricolage
Cuisine / courses
Aide à la maison
Aide avec les langues
Aide informatique / Internet
- Cesme is a very beautiful city, where you can swim every day.
- As an associative coffee shop, we are open to your initiatives if you have specific projects (organize events, ...).
- It is a great training for you if you wish to open your own coffee shop
- You will meet with our volunteers from all over the world, and integrate into the Turkish society!
[Turkish speakers are more than welcome! However, a good level of English can be enough]
-------------- Assist with daily catering tasks like :
- Help for the service (coffee, tea, cooking)
- Being present during the opening hours
- Help for the maintenance
-------------- Organize events, communication and make partnership :
- Help to organize events (concerts, workshops, movie nights, ...etc.)
- Communicate about the events with social media or posters distribution.
-------------- Creative DIY
- create ottomans with tires, tissus decoration for office chairs, picture frames, suspension for flower pot, decorative tinsels, shelves, ...
The Cafe is not a business. It is a local pay as you want cafe. Our association does not make money out of it ! It is currently reopening, so there are calm periods.
English, Turkish, Arabic, French, Spanish, Portugese
If you choose to stay with us instead of an alternative place you will stay in the Village, 3 km away from Çeşme, together with volunteers from all over the world. It is a self-sustainable village and we live together as a big family. We eat mostly vegetarian meals which are served three times a day. Besides that, there is free filtered water, coffee and tea all day. Volunteers live together. Showers and toilets are shared. We have washing machines if you need that. Unfortunately, we cannot let you live in the village for free as it costs a lot to pay for water, electricity, food, etc: we do not earn money and the donations go to the refugees... We ask you to pay a certain amount based on how long you will stay with us, between 5 and 10 euros. If you prefer you can also rent a place in Cesme.
The Cafe is divided in two parts:
- The Coffee shop itself, 100m² with everything needed: coffee material, chairs, sofa, decoration...etc.
- The backside (100m²) has two mezzanines and one private room with beds, hot shower, washing machine, kitchen, toilets...etc. The place would be renovated between october and november.
The closest airport is in Izmir. From there you can take a Havas bus (1h).
You can also come from the Greek Chios Island (45mn of boat).
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Plus de deux
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week