Enregistré comme favori 325 fois
Spring is arriving here in the hills of Andalusia, with bright, sunny days, around 15 - 20 degrees and little rain!
We live in a fully renovated 'Farm House' with our 'rescue friends', a Jack Russell X, 2 cats and our latest 'family member', a young Mastin X, who is super friendly and very energetic!! :-)
So any volunteers will need to be animal friendly and not have pet allergies, as sofas will need to be shared!
Are you friendly, enthusiastic, responsible, with common sense and a positive 'can do' attitude?
This is strictly a non-smoking and drug-free environment - with no exceptions - neither do we accept volunteers with pets or children.
There is a decent and reliable, Internet connection available.
If you have any questions, please ask!
Entretien / Bricolage
Cuisine / courses
Aide à la maison
An excellent opportunity to visit a beautiful and unspoilt area of Spain, rich in history and with numerous places of interest nearby.
Located at 1,000 metres above sea level, there are long distance views and clean air, with low levels of traffic, Moorish Castles, Roman remains, friendly locals, authentic Spanish living, local Bars serving tapas free with your drink (not coffee/water!) and a generally relaxed way of living.
You may want to improve your Spanish or acquire your first few phrases to take back home along with many positive memories of stunning scenery and a relaxed way of life in a simple, unsophisticated environment.
I am looking for fit, healthy, responsible, NON-SMOKING volunteers who are willing to undertake a variety of work, which will be mainly external.
Tasks will include general gardening - digging, weeding, wheel-barrowing - plus possible use of a rotavator, if appropriate.
There are also around 2 dozen pallets which need to be 'taken apart' and re-purposed. I have a special tool for this which makes a potentially very awkward job much more straightforward and manageable! :-)
Additional tasks will include some outside wall painting, light housework and food preparation (mainly vegetarian), as required.
No particular skills are required for these tasks, but I do expect a positive attitude and willingness to carry out simple tasks with a decent level of diligence and good natured enthusiasm.
General help in the kitchen - dishwasher unloading/keeping the communal areas clean and tidy on a daily basis - as well as your bedroom/bathroom - are assumed. If you have no experience of these things, please look elsewhere.
All volunteers should be reasonably fluent in English.
- Please ensure that your Workaway Profile provides ALL the essential information about you (and anyone you are traveling with), and that there is at least ONE very recent photo of you! (to assist with identification upon collection).
- I look forward to hearing from you and am happy to answer any specific questions that you might have or provide additional information if required.
English, basic Spanish.....
- The house is a detached Farmhouse (Cortijo) with almost 7,000 m2 of land, with around 50 Olive and Almond trees and far reaching views.
- Ideally, I am looking for couples or two friends traveling together, although individuals are welcome, if they are prepared to share with another volunteer of the same gender.
- Volunteers will be accommodated in one of the downstairs (en-suite) bedrooms.
- The house is several miles from the nearest town of any real size (20,000+ pop) and public transport is non-existent, but I would be willing to provide lifts into the nearby towns a couple of times a week.
- This location, would definitely not suit 'party animals' who are looking for crowds and noise, although there is a local bar about 10 minutes walk away, which also serves food - and where some basic Spanish will be required!
- However, if you appreciate clean mountain air and the tranquility of being in a peaceful, rural environment, I'd love to hear from you!
- There are excellent opportunities to walk through surrounding Olive groves and enjoy wonderful distant views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Subbetica National Park.
- A lack of 'light pollution' means that star gazing is also a wonderful thing to do!
- I can collect you from the Bus Station in Alcala la Real, which is about 20 minutes from our house and an hour from Granada.
The property is about an hour from Granada, an hour and a half from Cordoba and Malaga is just under 2 hours distant.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
5 hours x 5 days per week per person
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: