Desde: Estados Unidos
21/09/2020 - 31/10/2020
I love the outdoors—from sports like backpacking and climbing, to just laying on the grass or beach and reading a book. I began my travels with a month of backpacking in the western US, and then six months of traveling in Ecuador doing a combination of Workaway and exploring. During this time I had two experiences teaching English and two experiences living and working on farms- one finca in the rainforest, and one dog rescue ranch in the mountains.
I also have a love of learning. I am currently studying Spanish and German, and am hoping to find a Workaway position where I can practice and develop my skills with the language. I also love learning through meeting people with different backgrounds than my own. Either learning about their culture, or any unique skills they have that are different from mine.
I grew up moving back and forth between the US (Philadelphia area) and Brazil (Sao Paulo) which instilled my need for travel and change in me at a young age. I just can’t sit still. That is why after almost 4 years working as an Electrical Engineer, I left my job to travel the world! I’m so excited to see what is out there.
1. Engineering: I have a background (BS degree) in Electrical engineering. In addition to the engineering side of my job, I’ve also had to do a lot of electrical panel wiring and troubleshooting, which has made me good at working with my hands, often in cramped spaces, and using hand tools.
2. Teaching: My electrical engineering role also involved instruction, both informally teaching customers as we worked together and the instruction of formal classes of 10-15 adults. I also completed the 120-hour TEFL (Teach English as a Foreign Language) certification.
3. Physically capabable: I am as fit as any backpacker, so I can (and would like to) help out with physical labor. Be it farming, construction, home improvement, I can probably handle it, with the exception of heavy lifting.
4. Language: Intermediate in Spanish and beginner German
5. Collaboration: I am a great team player, I can get along with and work with just about anyone. My role as an engineer was customer-facing, so I have experience in treating customers with professionalism and kindness.
Más información sobre tus intereses idiomáticos
Interested in teaching English
I love animals- my family has had both dogs and cats growing up, so I would be happy to live somewhere surrounded by them.
My favorite board games: Settlers of Catan, Hearts, Codenames, Dominion
Permiso de conducir