Información de perfil
Información de viaje
Hi there! :) I'm Lieke and I have just started living in my campervan Phoebe whilst traveling France, Spain and Portugal. I would love to do a workaway to meet people, use my skills and build new skills and to learn from others! I also really hope I can enjoy some culture through locals and take a step back from being a tourist. I love to travel slow and to stay in nice places a bit longer, so I hope your workaway project will be that place!
I am a happy and positive person and I love to be around people and nature. Working with my hands is something I'm good at and love to do, in a very broad sence. I like sewing, building things, working in a garden and watercolours. I would also love to learn anything that allows me to be creative. I'm keen on learning new things and I think I can say I learn easily. For sports I love anything that involves a board, like skateboarding, longboarden, kite surfing, normal surfing and so on. I haven't tried all board sports yet but I want to try them all! Furthermore I like playing board games, petting animals, hiking, cooking and swimming. I have had a few different jobs in the past 5 years that will hopefully give you an idea of more of my skills; I have worked as a vegan cook for 2 years and a chalet-chef for half a year, I have worked as a nanny for a young child and as a social worker for people with mental dissabilities. Also I have done a standard office job but who wants to know about that right.
Hopefully I have given you an idea of who I am and how I could help you in your live/project. Don't be afraid to ask me any questions! I'd love to get in touch and find out if I could be your next workawayer :)
InteresesMontañaAcampadaAutostopDeportes de aventuraDeportes acuáticosDeportes de equipoDeportes de inviernoActividades al aire libreSenderismoVida en autocaravanaTrabajo de caridadCarpinteríaSostenibilidadAnimalesDibujo y pinturaBricolaje y manualidadesLibrosCocina y alimentaciónVegetariano o veganoCultura
mostrar másAutodesarrolloEventos y sociedadCuidado de plantas
Habilidades y conocimientos que quiero compartir o aprender
Me interesa:JardineríaProyectos ecológicosHostelería/turismoTrabajo de caridadPráctica de idiomasProyectos artísticosEnseñanza
Ciertos conocimientos de:Proyectos de construcción y bricolajeCuidado de niños y juegos creativosCocinar para toda la familia
Que habilidades tienes?
- Since I studied Social Work, I'd say I am social and have good skills in this area, such as listening, making contact with all kinds of people, coaching and empowering of people.
- Working hard. I like to really get into my work and move mountains, make myself sweat and achieve something.
- Restaurant & bar skills: I have been a waitress and bartender. I'm average at this, and my skills will need to be refreshed, but I'm willing to learn :)
- Cooking skills: I have been a vegan cook and a 'normal' cook in a wintersports chalet. I love to cook small or big meals, complicated or simple, healthy and less healthy, it doesn't really matter. I'm happy to help design a menu and keep stock as I have experience with this as well.
- Outdoor skills: I can climb (lead climbing, toprope, multi pitching, abseiling, bouldering, you name it) and teach people about climbing. I can kayak and have an European level 1 card. This means I know how to behave in a kayak, that I am able to perform self-rescues and basic rescues of my fellow kayakers. I know the needed techniques. Although I do need some freshing up on this, since it has been a while. I am good at hiking. This might sound funny, because hiking is basically walking. I know everything about risks during a multi day hike, camping, cooking during hiking, about cold and hot weather, about injuries, about leading a group hike, about map and compass reading, you name it. I have experience in this and have had a university course in this skills (climbing, kayaking, hiking). Climbing I've also learned during 4 years of climbing at my local climbing organisation.
- Children and people: I'm a caring person and I absolutely love children! I have experience with organising activities for big groups of kids, have done my fair share of babysitting and I've been a nanny of a young child.
- Creative skills: I can sew. I can also do other things in this area (like watercolouring), but I'm not an artist and I'm still learning. However, I love to learn new things that allow me to be creative.
- Building skills: I just build a van into a tiny house and I've learned a whole lot about building during this process. I'm confident with power tools and can build some stuff, just not a whole house ;)
- General skills: I can clean, cook, be friendly and help tourists or other people, do some computer work or administration, I can do basic gardening and farming. I have a drivers license.
The only thing you don't know yet is that I live in my campervan since half May. I'm still new to van life but loving it so far. I would love to stay in my own van, if that would be possible. Having meals together and being part of your people/community is defenitely something I want to do! I just really love my own bed :)
Permiso de conducir