Desde: Gran Bretaña
Botsuana, Malawi, Mozambique, Sudáfrica, Zambia, Zimbabue
18/01/2019 - 27/12/2019
Driving slowly around Southern Africa from July 2019 - October 2019.
Looking for projects with a mix of: community engagement, environmentally friendly farming/growing, off-grid systems, joie-de-vivre, experimentation.
Projects I always enjoy:
- composting systems (kitchen waste + garden waste = black gold)
- soil amendment (mulch, wood chips, straw, compost etc) + mulching
- worm farming (to produce organic fertilizer)
- growing from seed (salads, perennials, medicinal plants, shrubs, trees)
- propagation (from cuttings, air layering, grafting)
- hydroponics (no pump Kratky type methods, or NFT)
- upcycling / downcycling / repurposing
- basic carpentry (building raised beds, planters, shelving units etc)
- location-based closed loop systems
- community sports
Listening. Following instructions. Conceptualizing new projects. Managing expectations. Thinking about the long-term impact. Observing nature. Responding to set-backs. Quiet leadership. Learning through action. Listening to the earth.
Irish and South African
Dual Irish/South African nationality (born in Johannesburg, raised in England).
Passionate about Africa - people, plants & wildlife.
Preference for the simple life (birds, stars, fire)
Happiest living close to the production (not consumption) portion of the supply chain.
Also a Workaway host.
Permiso de conducir