01/05/2020 - 24/07/2020
We are a family of four (Eva, Marc, Hanna (6) and Leni (3)) and have chosen to take 6 months off to travel and spend time together before our older daughter starts going to school in summer 2020. Due to the global pandemic our travel plans for Australia went up in smoke, so we are bound to Germany for the next months.
Still our main goal during this time remains the same: to enjoy nature and live a simple life. Also, we are keen to experience farmlife, help wherever we can and broaden our knowledge on all kinds of things. Our two girls would for sure highly appreciate other children and/or animals.
As we both have desk jobs in Berlin - Marc is a journalist and Eva a communications manager - we don't very often get a chance to get our hands dirty. This is definitely something we want to change while away!
We are both open-minded and eager to learn new things, so even if our range of farming skills might not be the biggest, we aren't afraid to throw ourselves right in there and learn by doing.
We are very social, easy-going, love to travel and used to live in different countries before settling down in Berlin. Aside from English and German, we speak French (Marc better than Eva), basic Spanish (both) and Dutch (Eva).
While out of the office, Eva does yoga and Marc plays football, we read a lot (also to our children), enjoy cooking and good food (we eat almost everything).
At home, we try our best to pursue an eco-friendly lifestyle by cycling everywhere (we don't own a car, but have driving licenses), taking trains whenever possible, buying organic and in general consuming less. We rather spend money on adventures and experiencing other countries than on material things.
- has worked on Australian farms (from a big cattle station in outback Queensland to a sheep and crop farm in Victoria) and has also done wwoofing in Western Australia back when she did a work & travel year Down Under some 16 years ago. Main tasks involved gardening, horse grooming/training, household duties, and childcare
- knows how to edit content for websites and other business communication
- likes to paint furniture to give it a new look
- is a certified yoga teacher
- is great with children (did two internships in kindergardens before getting into journalism) and happy to help with general gardening and household tasks.
- could teach German and English
- very skilled in composing and/or editing/proofreading anything written
We both consider ourselves very good cooks and don't shy away from physical work.
Anything else that comes up and is needed, we are happy to learn.
36 & 37
Eva taught herself how to knit a few years ago and Marc has tried to learn to play the guitar. There is room for improvement in both cases.
Permiso de conducir