España, Grecia, Italia, Malta, Portugal
01/10/2020 - 31/03/2021
My name is Elena. I love the sounds of nature and the smiles of happy children. Thank you for reading these lines.
- Experienced and enthusiast Traveller, gastronomic enquirer, fond of countryside experiences: travelled to 24 European countries (solo and with a group), lived in 8 and volunteered in 4 of them. Background in budgeting, designing and planning travel itineraries;
- Area of professional expertise: Anthropology of Traditional Dance and Management of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- Determined to have experiences beyond the "comfort-professional zone";
PASSIONS & HOBBIES
-Heritage sites and traditional culture (music, dances, crafts) as lived experience;
- Traditional food & Cooking;
I discovered Workaway in 2014 and so far, my volunteering experiences were among the few moments of my life when I felt truly connected to my Self...Workaway has given me the gift of offering the propitious context to start exploring who I really am.
In July 2017, I graduated from an International Joint Master Program in Dance Knowledge, Practice, and Intangible Cultural Heritage, in 4 European Universities (Norway, France, Hungary & the UK). My INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE has given me the opportunity to encounter the cultures of the world, to develop strong communication and team player skills. Also, as an international student, I had several part-time jobs as a household assistant, pet-sitter, flat-sitter, singer.
After years of intense academic
development, I felt the need for personal growth, therefore I decided to take a professional break, go beyond my comfort zone and keep re-discovering myself. Therefore, in the last 2 years, I had several seasonal jobs or volunteer positions in the touristic sector. My last and new accomplishment is a childcare position in a holiday resort in Greece, as a Kids Club Assistant. This experience is a testimonial of my openness towards constantly developing my social competences in an international environment, exploring new ways of travel.
Before my Master studies and in-between my solo-travel journeys, I work in Moldova as a choreographer of traditional dances & art director of artistic events: I manage several groups of children and teenagers. We spend countless hours rehearsing and doing on-stage and off-stage work. We participate in many international folk dance festivals in Europe, thus taking risks and facing extreme situations besides artistic activities.
Although Romanian traditional music and dance is the first LOVE of my life...currently... feel that the Workaway is the experience I need and miss right now... Somehow, I like living unsettled...there is always something out there in the world "calling" me :) ... I fell happy when embracing the unknown, opening the doors and making room for other adventures in my life...ones that allow me to experience the traditional heritage of other cultures too.
#HOW DO I DESCRIBE MYSELF...
an adventurer and gastronomic enquirer, who likes warning around to discover off-beaten paths and simply observe the people, interact with locals...
I like reading, travelling, hiking/trecking, nature trips in remote and quiet places, feeling the gastronomic excitement of new traditional food. I adore the SKY (sunset and sunrise). I believe in the Universe law-attraction: we are the authors of our own reality and the world is as wonderful as we can see it!
I am ambitious, always ready for new intercultural experiences. I would rather prefer live communication than chatting, a traditional wedding/celebration instead of a nightclub! have great respect for all forms of arts and creative industries, art or eco-projects! I am patient, hard-working, conscious, creative and..... romantic. I am quite strong and resistant to physical work. I'm a fast learner and always open trying new things.
P.S. I am an ethnic Romanian from Moldova (the country I was born). I have dual citizenship, so I have an EU passport as well.
- Customer Service: In 2017, I volunteered in a 4-star resort on Greek island-Amorgos (Yoga retreat groups). There, I helped them in the restaurant, as a kind of waitress-assistant (serving and clearing the tables, arranging the plates for the breakfast or for dinners in a buffet style), drying and polishing glasses and cutlery, cleaning the floor at the end of the day, changing the tablecloths etc. Unfortunately, their profile became suspended before we could write feedbacks for each other.
In winter 2018, I had a full-time seasonal job in a self-service restaurant in a ski resort in Austria (4 months), as a cashier & customer service representative. Among my duties: greeting and communicating the tourists about the facilities and menus of place, working as a cashier (prices, cash handling, bills etc), estimating and ordering food and beverages supplies, cleaning the dining area and the guest toilets etc.
- Babysitting: I love playing with children and discovering the world through their eyes :)
In this sense, I have gained valuable experience during the 2 job positions as a Kids Animator in family holiday resorts: Greece (2019), Cyprus (2020).
- Gardening: I LOVE nature!!!! I am good at following instructions and I have an eye for details...so any work in the garden and outdoors...is more than perfect for me! I believe in the energy of nature (I learnt a lot during my last Workaway experience in Greece).
- Cleaning/Housekeeping (indoor + outdoor): I am the person that can’t stand the mess and I am very careful in this sense (especially with the bathroom or kitchen). In its essence, I take the concept and the action of cleaning not only as a necessity but also as an appraisal of respect. Therefore, I am a meticulous cleaner with an aesthetic eye on things. While being a Master student in Norway (September 2015-June 2016) I had a part-time job as a Household assistant, carrying various duties for cleaning 2 houses once a week (Reference may be provided).
- Artistic: if you are interested, I am ready to share my singing, dancing, and organizational skills with your family or your guests! I can organize Romanian Folk-Dance Workshops for you or your guests! Of course, I can sing for you!
- Communication + organization skills (Tourism & Hospitality sector): I don't have professional training in Hospitality, but I got some experience through Workaway and seasonal jobs.
- Pet-sitting: I had occasional jobs as a pet-sitter while being a Master student in Norway.
- Painting + other kinds of maintenance odd jobs.
- Cooking: I like cooking, trying and learning new recipes, especially home-made cakes! I can prepare some traditional dishes.
... I am seeking to enrich the list of my skills, with every new Workaway experience...
When I experienced Workaway first time, I was the happiest in the world...I felt free...I did my first SOLO hiking trip in my life...embraced by nature and away from a buzzy life, I suddenly I found a piece of me... I was taking so many things for granted until I tried Workaway...
Now, the biggest challenge for me is to keep discovering the world: I want to meet happy and honest people who are willing to share their life experience with me. During Master studies, I met amazing people from all around the world. They inspired me to explore other cultures even more than before...and here I am ...again...
I prefer quiet places, small villages/ or towns, idyllic places outside the mass touristic spots... I feel a bit lost in big cities and crowded places, but this fact doesn't prevent me from exploring and enjoying the cultural life of a city!
I am deeply in LOVE with the Mediterranean culture, Northen Lights and British English :)
I am seeking to experience local cultures from the insiders' perspectives and habits.
Thank you for reading my profile!
Looking forward to meeting you and creating amazing memories!
Permiso de conducir