We are Czech non-governmental organization. Our aim is to fight poverty, provide and spread enlightenment about the situation in developing countries and promote volunteering.
We primarily sends well-trained volunteers to developing countries (in the first stage to Mexico) who teach English using highly effective method. The help is aimed at rural areas with some tourist potential. The intent is that local people could make use of the knowledge of English at labour market or they could start off their own business activities connected with (eco)tourism.
In the next stage other projects are planned to be implemented - microfinance, fair-trade, e-shop with local products, help with promotion and development of (eco)touristic activities, search for sponsors for education of children (so called "adoption at a distance").
The aim of our organization is to offer the most complex developing assistance possible not only to particular families (parent and child support), but also to the whole community in a certain area. Providing English classes is the cornerstone of the cooperation
- Participation in the project with globally unique concept
- Accommodation and food during volunteer stay
- Assistance of local partners and organizations cooperating with our organization
- Training at the teaching methodology and lesson plans for free (training is for all volunteers compulsory)
- Help with departure preparation and publicity
Teaching English to students of all ages from Xpujil or surrounding communities in Centro Cultural Germina, in the municipality of Calakmul, state Campeche. The teacher can also propose workshops on her/his own hobbies, and collaborate with other local NGO’s which organize cultural events in the building.
- Design of English classes, define along with Centro Cultural Germina materials. Germina will provide the materials and manage the small motivation fees collected from the students.
- English teaching.
- Organizing practical dynamic activities based on the theoretical classes.
- English conversation with student during their free time.
- Support Centro Cultural Germina personnel in other activities related to the project such as organizing exhibitions, and art events.
Volunteer will share a house with the hosts (students, artists, scientists) who work in Centro Cultural Germina. Centro Cultural Germina is space where people living in the community of Xpujil get access to workshops and exhibitions on popular arts and socio-environmental issues.
The building is located two blocks away from downtown Xpujil, is open seven days a week and counts with infrastructure to host special visitors (post-graduate students, temporary lecturers, volunteer teachers).
- Knowledge of English (very good min. B2 level)
- Knowledge of Spanish (good min. B1 level)
- The possibility to spend 5 – 12 months abroad (min. 4 months)
- Good state of health + basic vaccination + travel insurance + age over 21 years (min. 18 years)
- Favorable personality profile (team spirit, empathy, autonomy, flexibility and ability to deal with crisis situations, responsibility, patience, humility and respect for different cultures and traditions, openness and willingness to learn new things)
- Experience with traveling outside the EU and teaching experience is an advantage
- Volunteer has to pay travel, vaccination and insurance costs and all other expenses beyond accommodation and food
- Volunteer has to write blog which serves as a source of up to date information for all stakeholders (potential volunteers, members of our organization, volunteer’s friends and relatives and general public)
- Volunteer has to consent the use of videos and photos taken in the partner community for promotional purposes of our organization
- Our organization doesn’t collect any fees from the volunteers
- Volunteer must be aware that during the stay in the partner community he/she is responsible not only for himself/herself but also for maintaining good relationships in the community and representing our organization
- Neither our organization nor our partner communities can ensure 100% safety and it cannot be expected, therefore it is necessary to take it into consideration and act accordingly
If you are interested, please contact us via our Workaway profile.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
3-5 hours a day 5 days a week