Hello averybody. I am an engineer in ecoturistic resourses from an University in Santiago, I decided to study Ecotourism when I discovered my passion for the nature and trips, giving me the possibility that protect the nature and culture of each place in the world is being informed and know the cultures from inside, it is for that reason that I have been using couchsurfing for the past year too.
A year ago, with some friends, we found an old abandoned house that had so much potential to make a nice hostel, the only problem is that the former owner of the place had destroyed the whole forest that was in place.
During the first year of work, we have repaired the house and inside, but it still lacks the artistic side, colors, personality, and above all the garden. We must work the land, creating spaces for rest and recreation. For this we use materials that mother nature gives us, such as rocks, roots, etc. We want to re-use everything we can, more like old tires that people normally throw away or burn generating pollution, plastic bottles, eco-bricks, pallets, etc.
Unfortunately at this moment I'm working alone and need many hands who are keen on helping with this and want to be a part of this. I’m specially looking for people who have an artistic side and who likes to work with nature. I want to make this a nice place that flows it’s energy into the tourists who visits. Something that will change their attitude towards the nature. The look I’m going for is a little bit of "Hippie”.
As I’ve mentioned, this is in the stage of interior and exterior design. We must begin work in the month of September, since we have the hostel operating as of December 15. Your design sense of all this would be a great help.
I await your response if you are still interested in helping us. Thanks again and we will be in contact.
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
My name is Katherine. I am a very active Couchsurfing member, but now I am building my own party hostel in Pucón, the capital of adventure sports in Chile. Pucón has a wide range of fun activities such as Volcanoes, National Parks, rafting, kayaking, and canyoning. These activities make it a perfect place for a relaxed vacation for both locals and foreigners.
The motto of my hostel is “sustainable and fun”. We are re-cycling lot of throw away stuff while building the hostel as much as possible. We want re-use what other people consider garbage. The guests who stay here should feel comfortable and never get bored like they are at their home with their friends.
The hostel is located in the country side area, just 12 kilometers from the town, 15 minutes away by bus. There is a bus stop and a convenient store about 100 meters away from the hostel. The hostel is close to hot springs, national parks, and the buses pass each half hour.
Right now, I’m looking for people who enjoy working with their hands, learning about bio-construction, working in the garden, and people who love nature and care about the environment.
I’m looking for someone who can work at least 1 month.
- Work time :. You will have free time every day, before or after work. Obviously, you are FREE on Saturday and Sunday for the whole day!!!
- We have to build a Greenhouse, clean the garden, sand wood, build a place for hammocks, clean and paint tires, build sofas with pallets, make a parking area, paint the garbage, make handicrafts cd´s, draw and paint on doors and walls, and create your own space and give it personality ☺
- Just be friendly, talk each other, hang around in your free time, and build a family-like atmosphere!!!
What you will get :
- Free space to sleep (I have bedrooms for the volunteers)
- 2 free meals each day (Breakfast and lunch, we will provide the food, but you have to cook - we have a complete kitchen)
- One free Rafting trip during your stay
- One free Canyoning trip
- Trekking in 2 different National Parks
- One visit to a hot spring in the area
- 2 Mountain biking trips, one downhill and one to the lagoons
If you are interested or have any questions please send me an e-mail. Tell me about yourself, where you are from, what do you like and what you don’t like.
My email is …….
I'll see you soon!!!
We have 2 room for 3 people each one, and 2 bathroom that you can use
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Más de dos
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week