Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, Poland
01/12/2018 - 30/06/2019
Hello! It‘s Aistė having the keyboard at the moment. Going to introduce you the person I know the best (i mean myself).
I am 23 years old girl based in Vilnius, Lithuania. I have a bachelors‘ diploma in psychology.
This year I decided to have a gap year before my master studies. I am really looking forward for that to happen – I want to become a psychologist for children and adolescent. I see so much importance in this area and I have sooo much interest in the developmental psychology... but no. No university this year. So, I decided to do something special before diving into university again. I decided to go abroad to learn something what any university couldn‘t teach you. That‘s the reason I am on workaway platform.
I guess, you‘re wondering what‘s my occupation at the moment, so, here you go: I am working as a barista at the local specialty coffee shop! I know, it‘s quite far from what I studied, but it gives me a lot of joy and teaches me not only what a great espresso is, but many great skills as well.
Want to know me better? Alright. Here are some other random facts in a list:
I am a big fan of lists. I like lists very much.
I am a v e r y picky music listener. I do take music v e r y seriously. It means a lot of me. My favourite band? The Beatles!
Rock step – tripple step also means a lot for me – I‘ve been dancing lindy hop for around a year.
I have a huge experience on working with children and teenagers (I am a member of Lithuanian youth organisation, we do nice things here: organise summer camps, hikes and so on).
I am talkative. I talk a lot. Haven‘t you noticed that?
Alright, it‘s time for Mantas-the-great-travelling-partner to tell you something. I‘m passing the keyboard.
Thank you, Aiste.
So, hey, I am Mantas and i'm 25 years old born and raised in Lithuania - one of the small countries in the Baltic states.
I have studied and have a bachelor degree of studies that is called "creative and entertainment industry".
Others see me as a plain, straightforward guy who truly cares about others. I consider myself as an open minded, hardworking and genuine person.
I've been working in a restaurant businesses for about 5 years. I've worked in one restaurant for past 3 years so I can say, that i know how to work with and besides a lot of people. Now I'm closing this chapter of my life and want to start a new one. That is why I'm here on workaway.
I traveled Europe for a bit, but never stayed more than a week in another country. So I can't say that i seen a lot of world in my days. That's why I want to challenge myself to go out there and meet new people, new cultures and to travel more.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Aistė got back the keyboard. Here are the skills of mine:
- Psychology studies have taught me a lot about human behavior. I've not only gained better communication skills, but learnt a lot about what invisible forces shape our minds, emotions and actions. This knowledge helps me to understand people, to be a better listener, to be more empathetic.
- I've been working as a barista for some time. There is a lot behind a term "barista": it means, that you not only know things about coffee and how it is grown and how espresso machine is working, you also need to be great at customer service, at ordering products to your cafe, you need to be a great seller, an accountant and so on and so forth. Those are the responsibilities I've been dealing with lately.
- As I've already mentioned, I have a lot of experience on working with children and adolescent. I've been organizing or being a part of a lot of children summer camps and hikes, also, for four years, I was a leader of a weekly meetings for teenagers (something like so called Sunday-School), where we were reading philosophic articles, discussing, watching movies and doing everything which could help us to build a better personality of ours together. All of these occupations were voluntary.
- I am a quick language learner: I can speak four languages (perfect Lithuanian and English, not so perfect French and Russian). My goal is to speak at least 7 foreign languages.
I (Mantas) think I have a well-balanced skill set to be of use anywhere needed. But those skills that stand out are these:
- I worked as a waiter, bartender, administrator and also as a restaurant manager. I really do know the ins and outs of restaurant/bar business. I think I really grown as a person after all the years I've been working in different places. I learned a lot about people and how they work. I learned how to cope with huge amount of stress. I learned that compromises among a group is very important. I learned the value of teamwork and what can it achieve. All of these things(and many others i didn't mention) I can now proudly say, that is a part of my skill set.
- I know that the task at hand is meant to be finished 110%. Meaning i would invest myself to the task until it's done and done right.
- I've graduated creative studies, so i'm always up for some creative work if needed and also I can generate some problem solving ideas if need be.
- I think I am a handy person, so I'm up for the type of work, that includes getting your hands dirty!
- I think I am a quick learner!
- As of young age, computers was the thing that genuinely interested me! I can say that i know all there is to know about computers and what relates to them!
English (C1), French (B1), Russian (A1), Lithuanian (native).
26 & 23
If you are wondering if we are a couple... yes. Yes, we are.
Special dietary requirements