Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador
17/10/2019 - 08/01/2020
Hi everyone. I just love it in Central America and the people here. Eventually, I would like to stay permanently in Ecuador with a friend. I'm an author of many books and YouTuber, but I'm on a very tight budget as my earning went drastically down since this Coronavirus and the lockdown started, and that is why I'm doing Workaway to meet and help great people and gain valuable experience. I'm a very introverted person, but also extroverted as well. So I need my own private space and time, but also because I do work as well through the computer on YouTube, my books, and want to also create a veganic homesteading community. Not to compete with anyone, but to join the every growing ethical and alternative ways of living, away from society and governments.
I've been vegan since 2009, almost 12 years now, striving to eat all of my calories from fruit. Shy at first, but warm up if we really have a great connection. I would love to meet different people from all walks of life and hopefully become great friends. I'm very spiritual and meditation and do spiritual inner work. I am also learning a little bit of Spanish.
I have many skills and very versatile in renovations, veganic gardening/farming, customer service, public speaking on various different subjects and ideas from my books, internet and electronics, child/house sitting, and I'm also willing to learn and experience new things, as long as it has nothing to do with harming nonhuman animals or the Earth. I absolutely do not use any chemicals or use anything that contains animal ingredients.
I am also a certified World be Diet Facilitator taught by my good friend Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD, YouTuber, minimalist, anarchist, non-conformist, outgoing, and again vegan since 2009, striving to minimize harm to other living beings and the Earth and to be positive and happy in my daily life.
My dietary practices are completely vegan (plant-based), and prefer eating all raw ripe fruit, but will also consume basic staples like potatoes, rice, beans, pasta, veggies, etc. if need be. No processed foods (maybe just tofu or tempeh). I do eat a lot of food, but usually sometimes do intermittent fasting and my first meal is usually late morning or early afternoon. I do not smoke, drink alcohol or do drugs (I'm straight edge). Natural remedies and whole plant foods are my medicine. I am also an advocate for veganic gardening and farming.
NOTE: JUST BE AWARE, THAT I AM VERY ALLERGIC TO ANY CHEMICALS AND ANY SENSE. I DO NOT USE ANY SOAPS OR CHEMICAL PRODUCTS TO CLEAN WITH. I USE BAKING SODA AND WATER TO CLEAN OR VINEGAR. I ALSO DO NOT COOK OR EAT ANYTHING WITH ANY OIL OR SALT. THANK YOU.
1. To me all life is sacred. I don’t view any being as property, to be used or harmed in any way, whenever possible. That is why I am vegan. I respect all animals and do not wish to use, kill, or steal anything from them. This is the principle of ahimsa or harmlessness where we refrain from injuring any living creature and cause the least harm whenever possible. This includes abstaining from the consumption of animal foods and products that contain animal ingredients, as well as, animals used in entertainment, for testing, clothing, or other uses, as much as possible and practicable. I value all animal’s freedom; therefore, I do not agree within the keeping of companion animals “pets” or housing animals as in a sanctuary, but rather live harmoniously with naturally free-roaming animals in nature.
2. I value every human-animal equally and reject all forms of discrimination. I treat everyone as I like to be treated, with kindness, love, and respect.
3. Not to take what is not given, but to respect the property of others. I refrain from taking the property, life, time, or life-energy of others if not given freely directly to me.
4. Not to engage in sexual misconduct. This refers to any action of body, speech or mind that sees another as an object for my own self-gratification.
5. Not to lie but speak the truth. I avoid telling falsehoods or exaggerations, internally or externally, through any deceitful action, word or thought, with the intent to harm others.
6. I do not consume alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and cigars or marijuana, and prefer to be away from people who are consuming these harmful substances. I believe in order to be at peace and spiritual, I need not consume any substances that negatively affect my heart and mind.
7. I respect nature, and that is why I never use harmful chemicals on the Earth, minimizing as much harm as I possibly can. Therefore, I only implement veganic permaculture techniques when gardening. I never use animal manure, urine, bone meal, feather meal, fish meal, blood meal, or anything else that comes from animals. Instead, I utilize plant compost, vegan humanure and urine, woodchips, and other vegan, eco-friendly substances whenever possible.
Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
I am a hard worker and have many skills and experiences pertaining to vegan/plant-based cooking, computer and Internet (Microsoft and Apple Macbook, various software), veganic farming/gardening (do not use any animal inputs such as manure, bloodmeal, bonemeal, feathermeal, ect.) including weeding/general maintenance, harvesting etc., general building maintenance and house cleaning, writing, film and music fields, and more. I am eager and willing to learn and can provide help with almost any type of work, except of course anything that harms or uses animals or harms the environment. I also provide vegan education, book-signings and talks, and meditation classes that are based on my books and on spiritually and love.
Fluent in English, basic communicational Greek, bit of Spanish (learning)
I was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. European background. But I consider myself an Earthling.
I am available to volunteer around 20 to 25 hours per week at a completely vegan or vegan-friendly placement where I can put my skills to use and to also learn and meet new amazing people and become great friends.
I have already volunteered at several Workaway placements in Belize, Costa Rica, and Quebec and British Columbia, Canada.
I am seeking a placement that provides a great Workaway experience with decent accommodations, unlimited high-speed WiFi internet, and lots of ripe fruit and vegan foods in exchange for volunteer experience. I am outgoing, fun, and a loving person and would love to meet other like-minded people who are as well. I am spiritually oriented and try to meditate on a daily bases.
PS. I do not have many reviews yet, as I've only volunteered at a few places on here, some that are not on Workaway. But I am honest and trustworthy and fun to be around. However, I am shy at first, until we get to know each other.
• As I am an ethical-spiritual vegan, the Workaway placement and jobs delegated to me must be vegan oriented and do not exploit the Earth or animals, or at least people who are vegan friendly. I tend not to enjoy being around rotting corpses or secretions of dead animals, alcohol, fires, smoke, or strong scents and chemicals.
• Again, at times I do eat a lot of food, specifically fruit. Therefore vegan food must be supplied, and fruit must be in abundance each week. I don’t drink much water when eating high raw foods, but when I do, it would be preferable that filtered water - reverse osmosis, distilled, well water, spring, whatever, be supplied. However, again I usually intermitted fast until the late morning or early afternoon. So I usually eat between 2 to 3 meals, but it depends. Sometimes I can eat several ripe pineapples, one several small or one medium-size watermelon or about 1.5 to 2 L blender of smoothie throughout the afternoon.
• Any occasional community gatherings and meals prepared and eaten together must be entirely vegan (please no flesh/meat, dairy, eggs or honey from animals or any other food item that includes animal ingredients), as everyone can, therefore, participate in these gatherings. Again, I have difficulty being around the dead corpses and secretions of animals and also refrain from being around alcoholic beverages, and (e)cigarette/cigar smoke, and even marijuana smoke. Cannabis herb in cooking is fine.
Anything else ask... Love life, Be Vegan.
Yes, any food that causes harm to another being. I am a vegan since 2009. But eat most of my calories from ripe fruit.
Special dietary requirements
I eat completely vegan and refrain from seeing nonhuman animals as property, thus do not consume anything that comes out of them. No eggs, flesh (meat), dairy, honey or otherwise anything or any ingredient that is derived from their bodies or secretions.