From: United Kingdom
Canada, United Kingdom
01/02/2019 - 30/11/2019
I am an energetic, hard working, caring and responsible person looking for the opportunity to escape city life and to have new experiences. I enjoy the outdoors and being in nature, with a strong interest in sustainability and eco living. On returning from my travels I'd love to build a low impact home and aspire to lead a simple, yet joy-filled life surrounded by nature and good people. I also adore dogs, and have been around dogs growing up. Family and friends mean a lot to me and I value my relationships strongly.
In my spare time I like to keep active and love more extreme sports. I'm currently into climbing, slacklining and running. I've also had previous experience kayaking. I like learning about health and wellbeing, and try to keep a regular yoga and mindfulness / meditation practice. I'm trying to get away from the disposable world and enjoy repairing, re-using and re-purposing what I can. I currently work as a Mechanical Engineer in the renewables sector, living and working in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Babysitting / child care
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
I've always been a very practical person and love getting stuck into a project. If I don't know how to do something I tend to dive in and learn as I go along. I'm always open to other ideas and ways of working.
I'm currently working as a Mechanical Engineer for a renewables company specialising in heat storage. My day to day tasks greatly vary from one day when I'm designing, prototyping and testing products to meeting clients or manufacturers the next.
- Research and development.
- Practical skills in plumbing and electrical work.
- Organising, planning and leading various projects.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and 3D design software.
- Working both within a diverse team and under my own initiative.
- Mentoring a junior engineer.
Over the last couple of years I've been renovating my flat where I've learnt lots of different skills:
- Preparing / painting walls and woodwork.
- Electrical work including fitting new radiators, light fittings and switches, sockets.
- Plumbing work including replacing old hot water system.
- Fitting new ducting and fan for the extraction system in the bathroom.
- Woodwork including building custom shelves, raising and fitting a floor in the attic, building a stud wall.
- Insulating the loft.
I've worked in many roles focused around customer service, these include:
- Bed and breakfast, taking care of the guests, cooking breakfast, cleaning and preparing rooms.
- Customer based role in a health food shop.
- Night porter in a ski resort in France, looking after the hotel, baking, food prep.
I'm competent in bicycle repair and have experience working in a bike shop as well as a hobby.
Having worked as a labourer for a while I gained experience in repairing and re-pointing stone walls as well as mixing lime mortar.
When the need arises I'm fairly competent in hand / machine sewing.
I also have a diploma in Swedish Massage.
Special dietary requirements