We are currently
Our next destination:Greece - from Dec 2021 until Feb 2022 View all
We are motivated by applying our skills to achieve stuff, be that a project finished or a mountain climbed. Some happiness is achieved in that way as well.
More happiness comes from looking at beautiful things, or partaking in them. Nature never ceases to amaze, as do craftspeople that display a skill they have honed over years.
Music can create happiness.
Being in tune with a person or a group of people is happiness.
Learning new stuff, or teaching what we know ourselves, brings happiness.
InterestsMountainBeachCampingHikingVan lifeCarpentrySustainabilityAnimalsDrawing & paintingDIY & craftsBooksMusicPhotographyTechnologyAstronomyCooking & foodVegetarian or vegan
Skills and knowledge we'd like to share or learn
We're interested in:Charity WorkLanguage practiceEco ProjectsHospitality/Tourism
Some knowledge of:Art ProjectsBeing an elderly companionTeachingAnimal CareBabysitting and creative playCreating/ Cooking family mealsHelping around the house
Able to teach about:DIY and building projectsGeneral MaintenanceHelping with Computers/ Internet
More details about your skills
- Masters degree in engineering, 9 years of work experience in applied research
- civilian services in a metal workshop for disabled people
- woodworking skills (been doing woodwork for 20+ years)
- overhauling of all things that don't work well or at all (from turntable to car engine)
- electrical engineering, solar systems, computer networks & WiFi
- selling and buying used stuff (i.e. I can clean up a shed and make use (or money) off things that are still usable)
- setting up and organising a workspace
- finding a good compromise between making stuff by hand and buying material to achieve the desired result within a given budget
my name is Cagla (I am called Charly). After training as a biological-technical assistant, I studied biotechnology. I have certificates in project management, quality management and Six Sigma Green Belt. I have already gained professional experience in these areas and have worked in a wide variety of industries.
In addition to my professional skills, I also bring the following:
I grew up around many animals and I am good at working with animals. In addition, I have often looked after children, and enjoy passing my knowledge on to them.
Besides my studies, I have had the following jobs:
- worked as a bar manager
- worked in a supermarket
- worked in care
Some of my hobbies are:
- drawing & painting
- crafts of any kind: from woodworking to an engine overhaul
- music (ukulele); still a beginner, but they say practice makes perfect 🙂
As you can see, there is nothing I don't try. I like to learn new things all the time and I am able to learn quickly and independently.
More details about my language interests
Learn ALL the languages! Teach German and possibly English.
34 & 35
What else ...
We currently live in our camper van. The van is self-sufficient, except for a shower. So we do not need accomodation, just a place to park and sleep in the van (~6m length, 2.6m height, 2m wide).
The rest should be pretty well covered in the rest of the description.
Our travel plans are very loose. We have no appointments to get to in the foreseeable future ;) So if it is interesting somewhere, we might stay longer than it says in our travel plans. We are also able to come to a place not noted in the travel plans.
Some more information
Special dietary requirements
Vegetarian, that's all.