From: United States
06/04/2019 - 06/05/2019
Hi there! I’m Kathleen and I love travelling and adventures. I've done some unique adventures and I think that the best way to show you who I am is to describe some of the things that I did 2018:
• Quit my regular job as a 9 AM-5 PM scientist in the United States.
• Biked 1500 miles from Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA as a part of a social awareness nonprofit that I helped co-found to support my friend who is a cancer survivor/amputee.
• Moved to Ghana for 6 months to help create the country’s first genetic research laboratory.
These experiences were incredible. I learned how to tackle unique and challenging tasks and accomplished a lot: from fundraising, marketing, and filming a documentary while biking down the west coast of the United States to moving to a new country where I had to accomplish a task that my training never prepared me for!
Following my passion in helping others brings joy to my life and makes me fulfilled. My mission in life is to connect with and help others and that is something that I strive to do at every opportunity in my life. After working in Ghana I realized that there is so much to see in this world and I want to explore as much as I can. I love meeting new people, going on adventures, and trying new food. I'm very passionate about the travel/tourism industry and I have experience fundraising and marketing NGOs / nonprofits. My plan is to travel SE Asia from March-May (I may stay longer) and help YOU accomplish YOUR GOALS at your workaway 😊
If you have any questions please get in touch and I’d be happy to set up a phone call or video chat.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
I'm a very fast learner and have worked in fundraising, marketing, tourism. Here are some highlights on my skills:
• Marketing/PR: I worked on social media (facebook, instagram, GoFundMe, email newsletter, website) campaign for the nonprofit 1500 mile trip
• Fundraising: I also fundraised money and supplies to support the nonprofit 1500 mile trip
• Tour Guide: I gave tours for 2 years at a Natural History Museum talking about dinosaurs
• English: I’m a native English speaker and I love helping people practice
• Cooking/health: I’m a pretty good cook and I love making tasty / healthy dishes
• General Housework: I’m very clean and tidy
• Sports: I am a marathon-runner, triathlete, and volleyball player
Fluent English and Spanish, some Spanish
Special dietary requirements