Iceland, New Zealand, Norway
03/04/2014 - 03/07/2014
I am an architect with quite some experience in building, carpentry, forestry and farming. I got my experience over several years in Poland, Norway and Georgia. I've been working in a carpentry workshop for the last two years, some of the realized projects can be seen at https://www.facebook.com/drewnolub.
I started workawaying and wwoofing in 2012 in Norway and I keep coming back to the places I visited ever since. My latest project was a shed I built on Litløya in northern Norway.
I am honest and a bit shy, not very excitable and talkative, but I have a "Monty-Python-type" sense of humor. I prefer hiking to sightseeing and playing music to listening to it. I like animals. I put my heart into the work I do.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help with Computers / internet
● architecture (MArch)
● basic construction and interior finishing
● cad, 2+3d graphics
● programming (PHP, AJAX, AS, Ruby)
● 3d printing (own Ultimaker)
● playing piano/guitar
● basic climbing
● drone flying/filming
● architecture: various projects
● carpentry: building a floating wooden-frame house, building plywood furniture in a carpentry workshop, building a roofs, building a greenhouse roof, changing shed roof, building a beehive, building festival village structures, building terraces, facades, sheds, porches, a sauna, a cabin, a double swing
● designing posters/leaflets
● programming, webdesign
● construction and finishing: painting, plastering, mounting wall panels, insulating, pouring concrete floor, fitting windows, fixing gutters, fixing roof sheets, assembling cast iron oven, building partition walls, refurbishing wooden floors, laying tiles, puring small foundation, laying bricks, plastering walls
● helping in a flour mill
● taking care of horses, goats, chickens etc.
● weeding, watering, digging trenches, mowing grass
● fence building
● leading workshops: urban design workshop for students, programming for kids
Polish (native), English (C2), Norwegian (B1)
Special dietary requirements