28/01/2020 - 26/01/2021
Greetings! I'm Graham.
In January 2020, my friend Cole and I are embarking on a year long working holiday in Australia. I'm incredibly excited and gracious to have so many "firsts" on the horizon.
I joined Workaway to connect with people and expand my understanding of different ways of life. Having grown up in Vancouver, I'm eager to take a step back from the 'rat-race' of big city living and experience a lifestyle more connected to the Earth.
In terms of profession, I have been a Landscaper for three years. I love working with my hands, getting dirty, and the endorphin rush resulting after a day of working on a project.
Outside of work, I enjoy living an active lifestyle, arts & culture, socializing, self-development, and discussing music.
Other things I'm looking for from Workaway experiences:
- Connecting with people and experiencing different lifestyles
- Connecting with nature
- Learning some new recipes and upgrading my cooking skills
- Learning about Australian culture and places to see in the country
Finally and almost most importantly, I look forward to learning some interesting Australian slang!
- Well versed in gardening & landscape maintenance practices- machine work, weeding, lawn care, pruning, plantings, some soft / hardscaping experience, some woodwork experience
-Dog care- not afraid to pick up poop!
- House painting
- Cooking with what's in the fridge
- Being able to tinker and figure things out
Allergic to all nuts and all seafood.
Special dietary requirements