From: Canada & United Kingdom
21/03/2019 - 31/10/2019
Hi! Jake and Gaby here,
We are travelling around and want to find some amazing experiences!
Jake has spent the last 4 years working for a sailing company and I’ve spent the last 3 years travelling around the world, we met in Greece about a year ago!
We are a hardworking, easygoing, clean, reliable and fun couple!
Between us we have a wide range of skills we would love to share and we are ready to learn about everything we can get our hands on!
We are ready for new challenges and to make lifelong friendships, we can’t wait to meet you and your team!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
I’m a calm, easy going, hard-working, 25 year old taking sometime out to travel and gain experiences with my girlfriend Gaby.
For the last 4 years I've been working on yachts as a qualified sailing instructor and skipper in the Mediterranean.
While working here I have been in charge of maintaining the yachts which included diesel engine maintenance, plumbing, sail repairs and general cleaning.
In addition to working with paying guest/students, I've been responsible for up to 13 yachts and often upwards of 50 people at any one time. I'm a responsible person who has developed excellent customer service skills
As a sailing instructor my job was to run week long courses/exams where I would certify students up to RYA Day skipper level, while teaching I had to work by my own initiative to plan and organise lessons tailored towards the weather and the students strengths and weaknesses.
Previous jobs I have also worked include:
- Hotels as a waiter, breakfast prep, cook and housekeeping
- In shops doing till work and stock
- Gardening and tree planing around the UK
- Selling advertising for a tourism website
- Helped out on friends sheep and cattle farms
I am a creative and dedicated 23 year old Canadian ready for adventure! I am fluent in French and English as well I have a basic level of Spanish.
I have had a tone of jobs in the last few years and Work away has been an awesome way to connect with people (unfortunately I don’t have many of my references because I needed to make a new profile to have a couples account with my boyfriend).
Here is a shortened list of my past jobs
- Tree planting around the UK
- Flotilla Hostie (regular deep cleaning and total inventory of yachts, sail training with inexperienced sailors, airport greetings, organized group activities)
- Waitress & bar staff
- Hostel work (receptions, breakfast prep, housecleaning)
- Qualified dive master
- Farm hand ( I have worked on a various farms via work away and I was one of three employed on a professional dairy farm in Australia)
- Au pair to a little boy with severe special needs
- Swim instructor & fitness instructor too all ages!
All these jobs have helped me gain excellent customer service skills, develop quick learning techniques, maintain hardworking habits and a passion to continue trying new things!
French, English and very basic Spanish
23 & 26
Canadian & English
Special dietary requirements