Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Mexico
01/01/2019 - 30/06/2019
Hello! My name is Erin and I am a young Canadian with a passion for knowledge, shared teachings, community and working to preserve & empower our natural world. I am hoping to expand myself in all of these capacities and much more through exploration and being a part of other’s lives and journeys. I have a science background and just started studies in sustainability management, as I have a deep love and passion for nature and am striving to learn more within this realm while exploring other cultures, climates, histories, etc.
I have now been travelling through Latin America for about 4 months and have experienced a few Workaway settings in small, sustainably striving communities working with various techniques of development and management of their natural resources. It has been amazing living as intentional community, as well as with a family on a small organic farm just outside San Jose in Costa Rica. I have so thoroughly enjoyed these experiences and the mutual expansion that these opportunities provide, I am excited to continue sharing and growing together and improving my Spanish of course!
We teach each other, we are each other. I am another you, you are another me. =)
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
- Experience working in small intentional community settings and with organic farming, helping with various gardening and permaculture techniques, fruit and vegetable harvesting, looking after chickens and egg collecting, helping build a house in Super Adobe bioconstruction format, compost management, material recycling and management, various arts projects and lots of cooking!
- University graduate with a science background. (Kinesiology degree: the study of human movement including studies in anatomy, physiology, genetics, therapies, sport management, nutrition, disease management and care, etc.)
- Service industry in various roles over the last 12 years working directly with people, including 4 different types of restaurant environments, every position from cleaning tables to bartender to management positions.
- 3 years experience with program creation, directorship, marketing as well as teaching/coaching through multifaceted role as program creator/director, marketer, events management, assistant coach, etc. In most recent job position.
- Helping run business management of financial goals, administration, hiring, training and day to day supervising of other staff and goings on.
- Very hands on, I love making things whether practical or artistic!
- Experience with tools, gardening, housework, manual labour, etc
English, A little French and learning Spanish
Excited to meet everyone along the way!
Special dietary requirements
Mostly vegetarian diet, minimal refined sugars & gluten