I'm a backpacker from the US, spiritually exploring life. My interest include, mediation, exercise, writing, reading, simple living, self-improvement, nature, and travel. I am a very respectful, honest, reliable, and openminded individual. Within the past four years I have traveled to 16 countries exploring beautiful cites, towns, and small villages in Asia, Oceania, Europe & Latin America. During my travels I like to take the time to immerse myself and enjoy certain locations for longer periods of time -- I do this through sites such as this one, woofing.com, and mindmyhouse.com (housesitting site). Not only am I able to help others out where I can but it also gives me the the time and space I need to decompress from such long journeys. What I like most about volunteering abroad is the ability to give back. I am a strong believer of being in service to others and I always look for ways in which I can do that. In addition to helping out where I can, its always nice to learn something new and connect with interesting and like-minded souls.
I hope to connect with you soon. Thanks for reading!
Skills and knowledge I'd like to share or learn
I'm interested in:GardeningBeing an elderly companionGeneral MaintenanceLife at a FarmstayEco ProjectsHelping around the houseAnimal CareHospitality/TourismCharity WorkArt ProjectsHelping with Computers/ Internet
More details about your skills
I am versatile, organized, detail-oriented, computer savvy, and capable of utilizing lawn mowing and weed whacking machinery....
Work in the past two years:
- Most recently, I have worked on several farms and homesteads on the Hawaiian Islands of Maui and Kauai. Theses jobs consisted of a whole lot of weeding, mowing, planting of papaya trees, creating bamboo trellis', organizing and cleaning of workshops, and painting.
- I have worked for both small and large hotels as a room attendant in New Zealand and Australia.
- Worked as a QC Supervisor on a berry farm in NZ, ensuring efficient production of packed and labeled raspberries.
- I worked at a Kiwi fruit pack-house in New Zealand, where I packed kiwi fruit into their respective boxes at high speeds which induces a fast paced work environment while ensuring great quality packing. In addition to packing, I graded, stacked, tray prepped, labeled boxes, and assisted my colleagues with their tasks.
- I volunteered at a small cafe in India, whereby, I opened shop, received orders, served drinks and food, handled cash, and cleared tables. Following the cafe work, I worked at a hostel, where I checked guest in and out of their accommodation, ensured they had a comfortable stay, and preformed housekeeping tasks.
- I assisted a family of farmers on their land with weekend educational workshops, I loosened up dirt beds and applied fermentation, planted rice seeds, harvested sugar cane flower, weeded, and painted window panels.
- I also have experience within the administrative field, including, office management and bookkeeping. In addition, I have assisted event planners with events such as weddings and galas.
Some more information
Special dietary requirements
Plant Based Diet (Vegan)