04/06/2019 - 21/10/2019
I'm Carol from Taipei, Taiwan, a small island next to China, where we have lots of resources. My friends think I'm an easygoing, simple, organized, polite yet direct person. I've lived in the US for one year as an exchange student when I was 16, so I'm fluent in English. My US host family treated me like their daughter (and still do) and I feel they're my other family as well. We're still keeping in touch and I try to go back to visit them each year. We always enjoy our late night talks from time to time.
In 2018, I wanted to challenge myself to live in another country and learn a new language and be fluent in it, hopefully. Therefore, I figure German might be it, so here am I, with one year working holiday Visa (Visa valid til Oct 2019). I want to immerse myself into German culture and the language as much as I can, that's why I signed up "workaway" to look for a host that I can be friends/family with. I love traveling, and meeting/talking to new people is one of my favorite things. There's always a new thing/perspective from people I meet and it amazed me and moved me. And, I want to bring this good vibes and optimism to every place I go. :)
*️️️️Countries I've visited: USA, Germany, Spain, UK, France, Switzerland, Japan, China, Netherlands, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Poland, Portugal.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
- My mother tongue is Mandarin Chinese, and fluent in English, now I'm learning German (my current German level is A2). I used to be a tutor, teaching English and Math to kids (from age 6-13).
- I used to be an Account Manager in electrical components field. We can share professional experiences if you like.
- I travel to lots places yet many still haven't been to. We can share our traveling stories and experiences.
- I used to help my friends and my brother to walk and take care of dogs, and I love doing so.
- I like doing handcrafting stuff and arts, maybe we can put ideas together and make something beautiful.
Chinese, English, and learning German
My current daily schedule during the week will be learning German, online course, cooking, gym, tidy up my room.
Special dietary requirements