Hi Workaway fellows,
My name is Vinh, borned and raised in the old quarter of Hanoi right after the American War (or conflict, I wasnt there so no comment :))
I have been an adventure tour guide, an explorer and an entrepreneur for a living since 1997, but simply Im a traveler who always looking into the unknown. I ride bikes, kayak, sail off the beaten track and in life i live it to the fullest.
I have been traveling the world, am pretty open minded, respect other human beings by simply having very low expectation on them, just so i dont get disapointed easily :) (no offend, really)
I live with my 13yo daughter and 5yo son in a traditional house on stilts by the Thu Bon river. My neighbour is simple locals and a handful of expat from around the world who have settled in Vietnam in the early 90s.
Im a big believer in life skills education which is always free or very affordable for everyone if you really try hard enough with people around us.
Main job is teach english and organise weekend sports actitivities for kids
Hope this helps and please feel free to ask a lot before you come because expectation is the key to have a good time,
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
- Teach English night class for younger adults who pursuing a career in tourism and hospitality.
- Teach basic conversational Spanish to us beginners. We are planning a big trip to south America next summer.
- Other than that, any other skills are needed here from making arts / playing music / swim coaching / scouting out door skills / making sauces / curing meat / home brewing / sustainable building / farming / living / eating ... Just let us know before hand so we can organise something within the community.
- You will eat with us two times a day since we dont do breakfast.
- You are welcomed to cook your own meal and we are happy to try new things too.
- You will have a private room with shared toilet and kitchen as well as common area in the long house where we sleep. This may change from time to time depending on how many people in the house
We live 6km from the Old Town where all the tourists are, 3km to the beach, 2 km to the market.
To get a round, we have a bycicle for you. Other than that, scooters are available for rent at your own expense of about $10/day without petrol cost.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Average 5hrs per day max is fair, but should be flexible ...