Hi there, for people stranded in Germany and interested in coming - I can still cross the border and possibly pick you up in Konstanz when picking up deliveries for my company.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi, I have to manage our little company (organic plant based food supplements) and now everything else is severely neglected. That is where you might could jump in if this place fits your liking.
Short summary about me; my biggest interest is health (nutrition, spiritual, mind and body). I love gardening and foraging in Nature as I know a lot about plants and wild plants. I have two cats and live in a big house, either alone or shared with roommates up to 3 people max. Working out is almost a daily routine for me. I love self-development and try my best to educate and apply this in my life.
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
I could teach you a lot about medicinal plants and plants out in nature who are edible.
The gym owner in the village (8 times Swiss champion) is a good friend an trains me personally - so if you want to get in (better) shape...
If you want to see / stay in Zurich or Davos - my two brothers live there, feel free for a ride along if I visit them.
We live in the center of a small village, near to a trainstation yet still in the middle of nature.
I have a lot of knowledge about special things to see in Switzerland and could help you to get around in a "cheaper" way.
I know a lot about nutrition and vegetarian, vegan and raw food but I am not offended if you practise whatever nutrition you like.
As alrady described in "help required" I can teach you a lot about healthy nutrition, fermenting and longevity.
My life is not very scheduled and self-employed I live my days however they come - which means I can go to the gym during the day or start my day with gardening but might work late in my office sometimes - so you should be aware that social evening gatherings (at least of right now with overwhelmingly much to do) might not be on a daily basis (but only) if I am the only person here. But it is very likely that we might do some tasks together as they often need some guidance.
I used to graduate years best in culinary school, but did not continue working on the job as my aim was a healthier live with more living and nutritious food. So technically you can still ask me any questions or I can guide you through a lot of culinary things. yet the food I eat on a daily basis I would betitle as "healthy-tasting" and is for the more advanced "clean-eaters" ;)
UPDATE: if you are here for only one or maybe two weeks - don't expect to learn everything I just mentioned above frome me in that short amount - plants have their season and harvest times, I don't do a new batch of every fermentation every week etc. - I am more than willing to answer your questions and show you whatever I have and how I have done it - but be aware that not everything gets done every or every other week!
longer stays (and special skills) get preference
not mandatory but... just sayin' ;) if you want to come for just one week you need to be pretty independent with the skills you have and the work I give you!
- also please have good work ethics - we are going to get along much better
- 5hr workdays
So there is a wide range of things to do here.
1. there is a big garden and patio that can always need some grooming
- for spring and summer I am looking for someone who knows how to grow garden crops from seedlings and pruning (and independend garden-working skills appreciated)
- for our newly redone patio we need sight protection around the borders - I would love to have something like a metal trellis (fixed in concrete) or something of that kind to have climbing plants covering it over time
2. the house 20 years of age and here and there could be some things renovated or need to be renewed
-take off plant, sand off, insulate and paint housewall, changing sink hose, sanding shutters/stairs/floor
-you know how to decorate a room and know how to sew and are experienced with curtains
3. harvesting (only private garden or in the wild) and juicing, making tempeh, or kombucha, nut yoghurts and other fermenting things (I can teach you how - it is easier than you think)
- side task, I am trying to declutter and could need some help in price tagging and going to the flee-market
- do you know how to make a canopy bed by any chance? ^^
Special skills - plus points if you;
5. have movie making / cutting experiences / graphic design / photographic talent
6. recipe testing and adjusting to make it bulletproof (with Aronia or Psyllium Husk)
7. like researching on topics and/or research studies and summarise/highlight them for me
8. Germans are highly appreciated if they like to write or as a PA (a little top up salary could be discussed here)
(9.) hopefully in the future I can offer weekly gatherings for friends and likminded people to watch a docu and have discussions about it afterwards - here I could help in the preperation. Update: I do have weekly meetings where we do courses from mindvalley (self-development) together - mainly over skype though but you are very welcome to join!
(10.) and if you are skilled in meditation I am open to an evening or morning sit (meditation or breathworkt) together ( I am practising a lot of habits for better life but the very important habit of not thinking and not moving is a very hard one ^^)
11. if you know how to digitalise old photos and/or old film
12. I want to minimize Wifi exposure in the house and could need someone who knows how to install the cables.
13. in several month from now (20.03.20) we might have a whole house that could get renovated - so if you are a professional we would pay you something additionally for that!
You have your own room and bed. 2-3 rooms available.
I have outlined working hours as I did not make good experiences when I leave the time up to the workawayer but I am open for changes if you do not need my instructions in the morning or have something you want to change up.
I don´t have scheduled meal times (I personally work with repetitive mealprep) and am often very busy or on the road sometimes. (but we will see, hopefully it will change a bit with the help of workaway :))
I buy you the food and you make your own meals or do it together if there is another workawayer!
(if that is unpleasant or inconvenient for you - let me assure you, I do have health related issues why I don't/seldom cook for my workawayers) I used to be a chef so you can ask me a lot, if you need help though ;)
horse stable near by
chocolate factory a trainride away
cheese factory a trainride away
st. gallen 25min
Germany, Austria, Lichtenstein ~60min
hike path starting from the front door
Switzerland has the best and most beautiful bike, skate, kayak, hike and cycling path . Through beautiful nature often apart from the streets without the cars.(-> see at; schweizmobil)
there is much more but as I can not post an URL and it is too much to write!
some infos in German what's availabel, what's to do/see in the village, house and surrounding areas:
Bäckerei Kuhn mit Restaurant und Kaffee (1min)
Gym (10min zu Fuss - 1min mit Bus)
Reithof (10min zu Fuss)
Tennisplatz (TC Neckertal)
Waschmaschine und Tumbler
grosser Sitzplatz mit Hängematte, Grill und Liegestühlen
riesiger Garten zum bepflanzen
Hochleistungsmixer, Dörrgerät, Entsafter usw.
Glasfaserkabelanschluss (TV, Internet, Festnetz)
Aktivitäten in der näheren Umgebung
Freibad im Sommer
Langlaufloipe und Skilifte
Rastplätze und Feuerstellen
Bibliothek und Ludothek
Hüserweg von Brunnadern nach Hemberg
Chnobelweg in Hemberg/Bächli
Kneippweg in Hemberg
Wanderung zum Ofenloch - Ursprung des Neckers
Moorweg in Hemberg
Familienskilifte in Bächli und Hemberg
Panorama-Langlaufloipe in Hemberg
Mögliche Aktivitäten im Umkreis von rund 30 bis 40 Auto-Minuten erreichbar:
Seilbahn Hoher Kasten mit Drehrestaurant
Tierli Walter Zoo in Gossau
Hallenbad, Sauna, Eishalle in Herisau
Säntispark - Erlebnisbad, Bowling, Billiard, Indoor-Minigolf etc.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: