Favourited 65 times
Hi there! We are João, Cristiana and Tomás, a couple and a little baby that decided to trade the buzz of the city for the tranquility of a rural area and are bringing to life a long-dreamed idea. We are converting part of a deactivated warehouse (that was used to raise chicks in the past) and building creative studios and wood/metal, ceramics and printmaking workshops. Our main goal is to have a creative centre in the middle of nature to develop artist residency programes and held courses and workshops.
If you are curious about our project come and give us a hand. Here in the centre interior of Portugal you can discover a rich gastronomy, historical monuments and natural treasures as the river Zêzere and the hills and valleys that surround us, and meet friendly people.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
For our project to grow in the best possible way, it is important for us the dynamics of having different people involved, and the flow of ideas generated by the sharing of different life experiences, knowledge and perspectives. We will work together on the tasks that have to be done, and during the working days we would like to have lunch all together. The impact regarding skill learning and cultural exchange will be different according to the tasks, general environment and the dynamics generated. Because there is plenty of work to do, timetables and tasks will be open to discussion.
- help João on the warehouse/pavilion painting and do some carpentry projects,like building tables and shelves (March till June 2020)
- help João making the surroundings of the pavilion comfortable and beautiful, it has some trees but we need to organize the space with more trees, gardens and build tables and benches (during 2020)
- help me with house chores like watch over my baby (he was born on May 2019) while I focus on other activity around the house, help cleaning and shopping (there is a fresh market twice a week and just across the street) and cooking lunch together to be shared with João and other helpers that might be here
- help me on the warehouse/pavilion organizing the studios of printmaking and ceramics: set place for the tools and materials and write a handbook of rules for the studios (March till May 2020)
- help me silkscreen printing folders to keep artists' work, presentation of the project leaflet (June and July 2020)
- if we have help, we would also like to produce plates, bowls and mugs on the ceramics workshop to be used on the kitchen of the studios (May- October 2020)
English, Portuguese and a little bit of Italian
single bedroom in an apartment with 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, a terrace and a full equipped kitchen, in the centre of the village of Ferreira do Zêzere, 2kms away from the project site.
Ferreira do Zêzere is perfect for nature exploring, surrounded by hills and with a clean river. There are beautiful trails to walk and a wide offer in nature and river sports. We have 4 bicycles available to get around and there is a bus station in the centre of Ferreira do Zêzere to make longer distances.
Nearby there is Tomar, a templar city 20km away. In fact, we are located in the centre of Portugal, so it is easy to visit both North and South of the country. For example, Lisbon is 2 hours away by bus or train and Oporto is more a less 4 hours by train.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
4 hours a day, 5 days a week OR 20 hours per week